Dogs - The Untold Story

Neil to be fair you picked up P3d on something trivial, basically saying what he said anyway? knowing full well you would get a reaction, then when you get it, you then accuse others of starting an argument? Haha.....

....I couldn't care less though, just saying like...haha...

• Like 4

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads...ffs I've been guilty of all this big balls ballox but seriously ,half a dozen men onto one .You ain't all you are cracked up to be none of you cos this would of been sorted ages ago. Fighting i

This series has started on Sky.   Episode 1 was an excellent example of working dogs around the word.   The guy in New Zealand hunting Wild Bulls in the forest is class. Has two types of dogs, her

To call them husky is wrong?? But yet you call Patterdales fell types or any thing else black dogs. But that's OK. Lol

Posted Images

"No breed of dog called a Husky" apart from the Siberian Husky or "Husky" for short?

Thanks for the heads up on the show p3d I watched it last night and really enjoyed it, I'd love to go on one of those wild bull hunts!

Edited by BGD
  • Like 3

I have a guy about 40 miles from me that has sled dogs he uses mainly huskies and has some crosses as well, I'm not sure what the crosses are but the guy is very active with them. They aren't obsessed with papers only care if they work. Definitely a interesting program and worth watching.

• Like 1

"No breed of dog called a Husky" apart from the Siberian Husky or "Husky" for short?

Thanks for the heads up on the show p3d I watched it last night and really enjoyed it, I'd love to go on one of those wild bull hunts!

He had some control of the holding dogs, They were waiting on his command to take over once the herding dogs had moved the bull out.

All of it done off horseback using a radio. Never saw the likes of it before.

Would love to go on one of those hunts as well.

• Like 1

He had some control of the holding dogs, They were waiting on his command to take over once the herding dogs had moved the bull out.

All of it done off horseback using a radio. Never saw the likes of it before.

Would love to go on one of those hunts as well.

Aye it was great to see, man dog and horse all knew exactly what their jobs were and worked together like a well oiled machine :yes:

• Like 1

And there I thought you were on about fella again.

Experienced the sled dogs up at the Artic Circle and pig dogs in Oz years back. They had the tufters kelpie X for scenting and heavy Luggers for holding. Some craic out in the outback at night trying to figure out what is looking back at you????

Nah, give the pedigrees a skip for now :laugh:

The real sled dogs look nothing like huskies, rough looking harrier / collie crossbred types.

But they can travel great distances.

The real sled dogs ARE the huskies. Husky being an Inuit word for local village dog. There is no breed, as such, as a Husky.

What you meant are the Spitz and Malamutes etc.

They mustn't have explained this too well in the show.

Cooney the clown trying to get another post deleted.

Cooney being an inuit word for local village idiot

If you read my post I said "Huskies AND Sled dogs"

Sled dogs are worked by Canadians, Russians, Americans, etc...........not just the Inuit.

The show explained it very well.

Now go away and spoil another post.

And if YOU read YOUR post that I replied too you'll see that you said that real sled dogs look nothing like Huskies.

I said that real sled dogs are the huskies.

It's there in black and white.

Seems that on a forum for DISCUSSION that the only posts that don't get slated are "Nice dog mate."

Anyone can be a "Nice dog mate" poster, but discuss and you're a trouble maker.

The village dog must of become a pure breed after 3000 years of line breeding. Surely if a patterdale became a pure breed within 30 years and only 9 generations.

I'm not sure what you mean.

No body said that the village dog has become pure. You're putting words in my mouth.

I'll try and explain my post as simple as possible.

There is no breed of dog called a Husky. Husky is a native Inuit word for a village cur. OK ?

The breeds of dogs known as Spitz and Malamute's are Kennel Club recognized but are not what Mushers use nowadays .OK ?

The dogs used nowadays by Mushers are usually crossbreeds with Collie and Pointer amongst others in their make up. OK ?

You're obviously looking to start an arguement with me just because I pointed out P3d's rookie mistake dispite his and Corkmans under lying tones, which you obviously picked up on because you wouldn't have tried to contradict me anyway.

I'd have thought Corkman would have pointed out these things to P3d as he's obviously got more sled dog experience than any of us.

And before you point out the obvious. I only know these facts from documentaries and books as like the rest of yous I have never driven a team of sled dogs.

Also, what the f**k has this got to do with those lads who've had families of black terriers long enough that they're breeding to type ??????

Explain ?

There is a breed of dog called a husky. Both Spitz and Malmutes are totally seperate "breeds" from huskys but no doubt related.

See below. Straight from the UKC website? looks like you got it wrong! think you owe an apogolgy?

UK Kennel Club Siberian Husky

• Like 1

Personally I couldn't give a f**k but when P3d and Corkman are making their little underhanded snide remarks then I'll let fly.

They need to be doubled up.

Personally I'll go at it single handed.

They asked for it, I didn't disappoint them.

• Like 1

Personally I couldn't give a f**k but when P3d and Corkman are making their little underhanded snide remarks then I'll let fly.

They need to be doubled up.

Personally I'll go at it single handed.

They asked for it, I didn't disappoint them.

You act like yer hard as fek cooney..lmao.

Corkman would slap that big nogging of yours like you were a child fs.. you have been in everyones company who you try and belittle on here and you were as quiet as a church mouse not one bit of slabouring or big chat were you at to anyones face..you made a post the other day that you have done some digging all over Ireland yet when the iwtf meeting was first held not one person knew of you except fatman ...oh and your 2 buddies from cork..one lives in london and the other one got a pup off you and it was useless. You really are a sad lonely man whos whole life evolves around this site and books..your on about dogs there and your the most kennel blind man who writes on here..you breed from stuff with shite noses you admit this fs..that chance dog you own couldnt find a pot of boiling bacon in a burrow..he has to bump into something for he sure cudnt find it!

What did mr bluck think of your terriers when he dug them? Oopzz thats right he didnt he fcuked you off and went digging way big kev and the men instead.

• Like 1