Air Arms Pro Sport Stock. Left Handed Conversion.

Why don't you get yours serviced and restored with new parts? That was a real cracking accurate Pro Sport you have there. You made me envious with the hunting experiences it gave you. :hmm::thumbs:

two reasons why not mate, 1) id have to replace the entire action, underleaver assembly and cylinder, and air arms wouldnt sell me an action on its own minus the stock and 2), ive knackered my left shoulder/upper arm with a repetitive strain injury that leaves me with no strength in my leading arm and fekks me up for work so springers are currently a no-no sadly. not to worry, im thoroughly enjoying a brand spanking new hw110 instead, and ive kept my diana mauser clone for when im able to use spring guns again. said diana has a gold SFS sticker on it now so you can imagine how good that gun is now!!

sure it wont be long til you have some equally enviable exploits with your PS mate, looking forwards to reading about them

cheers, wurz

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentlemen all. Greetings.   Well I'm almost there with the conversion of the walnut stock, as far as the hard work of sanding and reshaping goes. I'll get Helen to post up photos of it and the beech

Keep up the good work Simon. When you`ve completed and successfully hunted for the first time, a post and photos to one, or two, airgun magazines entitled( something like),- "Left handed s

Aw thank you so much for all the kind encouraging comments lads. Especially from you Jimmy. I honestly thought you were going to bollock me for doing something wrong! I'm keeping the reshaping sandin

Posted Images

WELL GENTLEMEN HERE IS THE FIRST SHOOTING REVIEW OF THE COMPLETED PRO SPORT CONVERSION.

Right off I'm saying honestly, this is the finest air rifle you can buy. That is something to say if you owned three Weihrauch spring rifles that were absolutely superb and precision accurate in every way possible. I was for years a totally devoted Weihrauch spring rifle man.

But the Air Arms Pro Sport is beyond an exceptional rifle from a shooting perspective.. It is so comfortable and so perfectly well-balanced, I was able to take standing shots, my worst, least stable shooting position of all and produced sub-1 inch groups from a distance of 35 metres, the longest range I can test and practice on my garden range at.

I have mounted it with a NIKON FIELDMASTER 6-18x40mm side focus scope which is lightweight, doesn't overstep the loading port and zero's the pellet right onto the centre dot of its fine cross-hair reticle.

Best Pellet is AIR ARMS FIELD DIABLO. 5.52MM 16 grain.

I cannot produce quite this level of accuracy in this position with any other Weihrauch spring air rifle I have in my collection. This is a .22 spring underlever rifle with top-end PCP level accuracy and a poised balance that is outstanding. And she looks bloody amazing too!

I therefore, have to concede, the Air Arms Pro Sport in anyone's hands, is the finest, most accurate spring air rifle you can buy.

Seriously now considering buying another one for a project .177. Plus one for the Beech stock I have.

If some kind soul will tell me how to upload the new pictures I have for this post, I'll get them up here as soon as!

I honestly do not know if, or how any other spring air rifle beats this one!

Best regards all.

Simon

• Like 1

Hot news for you lads,

The Vortek boys are producing a gas ram for the pro sport, TX and Walther that will have adjustable power. :icon_eek:

They reckon a year will see it readily available.

"Only repeating what I was told like"

The short stroke on my T Rex hasn`t missed a beat if that helps any.

Hot news for you lads,

The Vortek boys are producing a gas ram for the pro sport, TX and Walther that will have adjustable power. :icon_eek:

They reckon a year will see it readily available.

"Only repeating what I was told like"

The short stroke on my T Rex hasn`t missed a beat if that helps any.

Is that true? I didn't know that. There not producing left hand versions are they too? Some money to be made there...

The gas am bit I mean. Can't highlight text and make red in the sodding iPad. Damn it.

Short stroking a TX is fine mate, cos the cylinder is pushed just backwards, whereas the pro sports cantilever system exerts some downward as well as backward pressure so they have a tendency to wear on the bottom of the cylinder. It's also a good idea to check the grub screw fitting on the underside of the cylinder from time to time as you can strip the thread and/or shear the bolt if you're heavy handed or use the gun fekk loads. (I've done both cos I'm properly ham fisted...)

• Like 2