I'm After A Couple Of Bushing Dogs

To join mine and a mates pack springer x beagle or springer Russel or something similar anything that's to big to go to ground one of them is enough to be honest ? Good homes waiting for the right dogs anything considered pm me if you've got or know of any going thanks BB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have a days bushing with a dog that screams when it's behind or close to it's quarry then you will know Ray. It takes the adrenaline rush to another level. You see the lurchers change like flic

I don't get this obsession with lads wanting bushing dogs to open up as said before all you doing is sending game out of cover miles before your ready and if you hunt a lot of the same land regular al

There is a big difference between a yapping little dog bombing about and a busher that opens up when in close contact in cover. The little terrier I have never barks unless right on the back of things

Posted Images

To join mine and a mates pack springer x beagle or springer Russel or something similar anything that's to big to go to ground one of them is enough to be honest Good homes waiting for the right dogs anything considered pm me if you've got or know of any going thanks BB

why not get springer spaniel , they great bushing/beating dog, they work rough/thick brambles, go in water if need be, can work with gun, or lurchers . ive seen some crackers over the years , when i used to go beating, cockers are good dog as well, i but i think give bit more with its size , if it bumped into a charlie , they strong tough dog, and to big to go to ground , some of the buggers will try though lol. i never understood why to x them being honest , as they can do the lot impure form , and there some good working lines out there to get good pup, and like all good working dogs prob not to cheep, but you get good dog for it . :thumbs::yes:

• Like 3

Do spaniels give voice or do they work mute mate ?

Don't think there's many that open up mate, better off with a beagle spaniel

with bushing , surely a quiet dog better , as dogs opening up, only pushing game out early , any fox or rabbit wont hang about with lot of noise , they move up and out before you dogs or guns are there. ive seen lots of birds,rabbits and the odd fox pushed out with good springers , and deff with rabbits they seem to hang back more than a fox or birds, springer quite and does the job quick/ silent and gives great sport . another good busher were border terrier seen few of them on shoot days good little dogs , never went to ground just stayed on top all the while .

• Like 3

with bushing , surely a quiet dog better , as dogs opening up, only pushing game out early , any fox or rabbit wont hang about with lot of noise , they move up and out before you dogs or guns are there. ive seen lots of birds,rabbits and the odd fox pushed out with good springers , and deff with rabbits they seem to hang back more than a fox or birds, springer quite and does the job quick/ silent and gives great sport . another good busher were border terrier seen few of them on shoot days good little dogs , never went to ground just stayed on top all the while .

Iv always used gundogs for bushing, only last year did I get a purpose bred busher that opens up and what a massive difference it has made already.

Now I wouldn't entertain usin a silent gundog for bushing, I must of been missing stuff for years with havin silent dogs.

Really wouldn't entertain a purpose bred busher that was silent now.

• Like 2

If you have a days bushing with a dog that screams when it's behind or close to it's quarry then you will know Ray. It takes the adrenaline rush to another level. You see the lurchers change like flicking a switch. Your heart rate speeds up. I wouldn't entertain a silent busher personally.

• Like 6

If you have a days bushing with a dog that screams when it's behind or close to it's quarry then you will know Ray. It takes the adrenaline rush to another level. You see the lurchers change like flicking a switch. Your heart rate speeds up. I wouldn't entertain a silent busher personally.

I don't get this obsession with lads wanting bushing dogs to open up as said before all you doing is sending game out of cover miles before your ready and if you hunt a lot of the same land regular all your doing is educating the game. If you want to hear hounds singing do it proper and follow a pack of hounds now that would get your hair standing on end. Just my opinion

• Like 4

I don't get this obsession with lads wanting bushing dogs to open up as said before all you doing is sending game out of cover miles before your ready and if you hunt a lot of the same land regular all your doing is educating the game. If you want to hear hounds singing do it proper and follow a pack of hounds now that would get your hair standing on end. Just my opinion

The busher opens up when it's close to its quarry in the cover, mine does anyway. She doesn't run across the field yapping so that the quarry vacates before she gets there. I can see how the latter would be useless but I've never seen one what does that?

Also I've yet to see quarry that leaves the cover so easily as people are suggesting (at a dog yapping), might just be where I walk but stuff sits tight. A pack of hounds could run past at full song and it wouldn't be leaving the cover until a dog went in there and got close.

But I am pretty clueless and haven't had bushers for very long so it could be that I haven't got the foggiest.

• Like 2

I haven't got an "obsession" with dogs that open up ,but I have bushed for years with a lot of different types ,and the dogs that gave tongue were always more productive in fact if you work two or three at a time that open up its even better ,stubborn game is harassed and panicked into bolting and nervous game will bolt as soon as the dog enters cover ,either way the running dogs don't take long to be tuned in with what to expect and in large areas of cover it helps both you and the runners locate and anticipate ,I have bushed from one patch to another made a racket in each one as iv gone along and never had an issue with stuff bolting before I get there .

• Like 1

I haven't got an "obsession" with dogs that open up ,but I have bushed for years with a lot of different types ,and the dogs that gave tongue were always more productive in fact if you work two or three at a time that open up its even better ,stubborn game is harassed and panicked into bolting and nervous game will bolt as soon as the dog enters cover ,either way the running dogs don't take long to be tuned in with what to expect and in large areas of cover it helps both you and the runners locate and anticipate ,I have bushed from one patch to another made a racket in each one as iv gone along and never had an issue with stuff bolting before I get there .

Never had a noisy busher,but I'm surprised to read that.

I notice other rabbits slipping away from my lurcher very often when he's onto something (no busher at the moment),just from the noise of him crashing around in cover,if he was yapping as well I can't help but think he'd scare more away.