Thought ns had digging bitches!! Lol, foxes are foxes the only differnces is terrain! there's a good few lads in Wales that do the terriers for the hill packs that keep ns stuff! Also the lads with the Pelenna valley use to do days at the Royal A in the same week with out any bother with there Stevens dogs..

Yes and Tadworth too not just RA. There's lads that CLAIM to have it. It shows youv read the book. 95% of Pelenna valley is not in the hills by the way.
but still hunt hill foxes though depending on meets! so goes to show hill foxes are no different to here in the shires, been up with the llanwrthwl A true hill pack and seen Russells account for the mighty welsh hill foxes, and they've been doing it for years me lad..

and how many Russells at a time wer used

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

not a lot required of a dog to do hunt work.

SO , what about the stopping days. Would you say it requires a lot ?

TallyWacker can I ask what bloodline you keep? You seem to shoot down every Stevens thread with a similar response as if the bloodline failed you or you had run ins with the man himself?

I'm not being funny either mate, genuine question.

He is likely another who cannot get his hands on this great family of dogs. For various reasons !
nah you can keep them, only the dogs are any good and I don't want dogs from 2nd rate fox bitches..

have you ever seen good digging terriers produced from good hunt bitches?

Thought ns had digging bitches!! Lol, foxes are foxes the only differnces is terrain! there's a good few lads in Wales that do the terriers for the hill packs that keep ns stuff! Also the lads with the Pelenna valley use to do days at the Royal A in the same week with out any bother with there Stevens dogs..

Yes and Tadworth too not just RA. There's lads that CLAIM to have it. It shows youv read the book. 95% of Pelenna valley is not in the hills by the way.
but still hunt hill foxes though depending on meets! so goes to show hill foxes are no different to here in the shires, been up with the llanwrthwl A true hill pack and seen Russells account for the mighty welsh hill foxes, and they've been doing it for years me lad..

Foxdropper just hit the nail on the head your a jealous man. When speaking about packs down this end make sure you know the truth first, llanwrthwl, David Davies, teme valley...all good packs of hounds...seen some real quick bolts out of some massive earth's with russels from all packs. What iv also seen is when the going gets tough Jackie jumpers kennel mate working aLongside him. Did you see that on your travels to Wales? That's another story anyway. As foxdropper said they were left to clean up the mess...n.n.s didn't want or have the need for the thrash em types. If he did he wouldn't have gave JC to someone who he suited more, right?

i don't know if it works the same with foxes but I've noticed that there is a difference in hares that are coursed regular .

I've been to places where hares are run week in week out and they seem to me to be a complete athlete . Whereas hares that arnt hunted seem far and easy to catch almost fat and slower. My opinion is that after they've been hunted and survived to breed only the best gets a chance to reproduce . I don't know are the Welsh hill packs hunting more than in the shires ?

• Like 1

Foxdropper just hit the nail on the head your a jealous man. When speaking about packs down this end make sure you know the truth first, llanwrthwl, David Davies, teme valley...all good packs of hounds...seen some real quick bolts out of some massive earth's with russels from all packs. What iv also seen is when the going gets tough Jackie jumpers kennel mate working aLongside him. Did you see that on your travels to Wales? That's another story anyway. As foxdropper said they were left to clean up the mess...n.n.s didn't want or have the need for the thrash em types. If he did he wouldn't have gave JC to someone who he suited more, right?
i can only speak from experience so why would I mention the other packs, but you've obviously been about for someone who's only had terriers 10yrs if that! And yes It's no secert some of the welsh lads will double up to account for a stubborn hill fox..

i don't know if it works the same with foxes but I've noticed that there is a difference in hares that are coursed regular .

I've been to places where hares are run week in week out and they seem to me to be a complete athlete . Whereas hares that arnt hunted seem far and easy to catch almost fat and slower. My opinion is that after they've been hunted and survived to breed only the best gets a chance to reproduce . I don't know are the Welsh hill packs hunting more than in the shires ?

I doubt it. But when you find a good travelling hill fox and you find yourself trying to keep up with hounds hunting him hard you certainly see the difference.

• Like 1

i can only speak from experience so why would I mention the other packs, but you've obviously been about for someone who's only had terriers 10yrs if that! And yes It's no secert some of the welsh lads will double up to account for a stubborn hill fox..

I've been at it for 7 years only. From the get go iv been very thankful to have had terriers off good lads...been shown the ropes by very good men and also still learning off the same men. Had terriers and pups off good men and also there's studs available off the same men if needed. This I'm very thankful for and will never forget. I guess I had it quite easy from the start compared to some people. Not saying iv owned anything of any quality but have had well enough bred terriers and some that would go back to the line above. The line you seem to knock because you probably can't get one. Or would refuse one because you have a kennel full of greats....? The double up nonsense is something I'd rather put my cock in a mouse trap than do. But it just shows that a shit russel can get a fox moving in a big place but it also shows that it takes 2 to beat a good fox. Something that is now illegal in GB.

I know that nearly every village in Wales has a pack of hounds. I remember my first time invited down there the first morning we must have seen at least 2 pick ups with hounds in and a hound trailer.

I've been at it for 7 years only. From the get go iv been very thankful to have had terriers off good lads...been shown the ropes by very good men and also still learning off the same men. Had terriers and pups off good men and also there's studs available off the same men if needed. This I'm very thankful for and will never forget. I guess I had it quite easy from the start compared to some people. Not saying iv owned anything of any quality but have had well enough bred terriers and some that would go back to the line above. The line you seem to knock because you probably can't get one. Or would refuse one because you have a kennel full of greats....? The double up nonsense is something I'd rather put my cock in a mouse trap than do. But it just shows that a shit russel can get a fox moving in a big place but it also shows that it takes 2 to beat a good fox. Something that is now illegal in GB.
your honest I'll give you that! 7years is hardly scratching the surface in this game,, And I can understand your loyalty to the ns stuff that you've started with, I started with whippets when I first kept running dogs but soon progressed lol and as for not being able to get my hands on a ns dog Iv lads around me who keep them for hunting! Also there's a breeder in Wales that makes a good living out of selling the same stuff you keep so there not as hard to come by as you may think but would I want to waist 2/3 of my life on one I think not

your honest I'll give you that! 7years is hardly scratching the surface in this game,, And I can understand your loyalty to the ns stuff that you've started with, I started with whippets when I first kept running dogs but soon progressed lol and as for not being able to get my hands on a ns dog Iv lads around me who keep them for hunting! Also there's a breeder in Wales that makes a good living out of selling the same stuff you keep so there not as hard to come by as you may think but would I want to waist 2/3 of my life on one I think not

7 years may not be long but i dont think people should look down on someone for time in the game

i remember starting out and following a hill pack with dogs id bought begged and borrowed

there was a few chaps already following with terriers so only the scraps of terrier work you would get one chap in particular was a knob to me laughed at the dogs and at me but by feck that motivated me to learn and get better along with the dogs

that was good few years back and the tables have turned im no expert and still learning

and that guy

the knob is now a good freind and has pups and dogs off me

• Like 2

ns collected foxes from scotland to take to his hunt country i think he mentions it in his book said he wanted good strong fox from the scottish hills

he wanted them big and slow so hounds could stick to them and they wouldnt damage the terrier

7 years may not be long but i dont think people should look down on someone for time in the game

i remember starting out and following a hill pack with dogs id bought begged and borrowed

there was a few chaps already following with terriers so only the scraps of terrier work you would get one chap in particular was a knob to me laughed at the dogs and at me but by feck that motivated me to learn and get better along with the dogs

that was good few years back and the tables have turned im no expert and still learning

and that guy

im not looking down on goat in anyway he's been honest enough! I'm to being honest and just speaking from my experiences..

and that guy

7 years is absolutely feck all. But when you dedicate your life to it and that's the only thing on your mind day in day out you soon learn pretty quick. I learned off everyone i have an dig with...some are what to do and alot are what Not to do. Yes there's people selling them, untrustworthy people who should have never got they're hands on them...people who have diluted the feck out of it and still call it pure.

• Like 2