Oh I'd started it to hear about a supposedly semi famous ancestor - it's turned into a little more now because of the points that have been raised

If I ever breed from this girl or my bigger black one then I owe about 4 litters out, for all the favours that have been done for me since I started ?

• Like 3

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

I honestly don't know who GM, or anyone else, is. I'm unsure how he'd know who I am to be honest

And the breeder of mine is a tosser you mean? Seemed a very decent chap and was nothing but straight with me. He didn't give me any kind of pedigree - just that it was mostly Stevens stuff - This information has come from elsewhere

I don't know who PB is either

I'm here to learn a little about my own, out of interest rather than necessity, not to knock any man

He noticed the bitch, that and there was only one there with a pink collar on lol
Hahaha - to notice it did he recognise the breeding? I don't even know if it was his breeding just that some of the ancestors are mentioned in his section.

Unless he was the guy I spoke to very briefly that has people coming from around the country to him. Although he asked if it was Nuttal blood. I didn't catch his name but seemed a pleasant enough guy

I got some stick for the oversized pink collar but that's only for the shows.

And yeah, I picked the colours myself

I noticed that too ?

heres a question to lads that are obsessed with pedigrees, what is a pedigree if you've never seen the dogs through it work? There only names? Youve never dug them. Most lads have never seen past grandparents dug so everything after that is just names! You don't no what they look like, temperament, bad habits etc there just names that mean nothing

• Like 5

heres a question to lads that are obsessed with pedigrees, what is a pedigree if you've never seen the dogs through it work? There only names? Youve never dug them. Most lads have never seen past grandparents dug so everything after that is just names! You don't no what they look like, temperament, bad habits etc there just names that mean nothing

Same as your family tree isn't it. It's doesn't mean a damn thing but as humans we wanna know more about more

Because its ALL about the breeding and its enjoyable and interesting to look it up and see that only good dogs have gone into the mix and the ingredients that have gone into making the dogs you dig to and put all your time into. I'm obsessed with it, dont get me wrong the dog has to be a good worker regardless. But speaking to likeminded lads and finding out about past dogs etc etc is part and parcel of it all.

Maybe Im obsessed but there's a lot worse things in life to be involved in.

• Like 6

I honestly don't know who GM, or anyone else, is. I'm unsure how he'd know who I am to be honest

And the breeder of mine is a tosser you mean? Seemed a very decent chap and was nothing but straight with me. He didn't give me any kind of pedigree - just that it was mostly Stevens stuff - This information has come from elsewhere

I don't know who PB is either

I'm here to learn a little about my own, out of interest rather than necessity, not to knock any man

He noticed the bitch, that and there was only one there with a pink collar on lol
Hahaha - to notice it did he recognise the breeding? I don't even know if it was his breeding just that some of the ancestors are mentioned in his section.

Unless he was the guy I spoke to very briefly that has people coming from around the country to him. Although he asked if it was Nuttal blood. I didn't catch his name but seemed a pleasant enough guy

I got some stick for the oversized pink collar but that's only for the shows.

And yeah, I picked the colours myself

I noticed that too ?

See how it's serving a purpose though...

Why give false pedigrees, better to man up and give them nothing but your best wishes. If a lad proves himself over time to be the genuine lad you thought he was, then and only then give him the pedigree.

all greyhounds have a pedigree full of big names close up-most of them are still crap..i think i remember you saying you didnt know how one of your best bitches was bred-still a good bitch despite her lack of papers

I've never had any pedigrees with my dogs because on the main part they have just been "worker to worker" and to be honest they have all amounted to nothing. Admittedly a lot of it is through making mistakes but when it comes down to it I know I would much rather have a pedigree behind my dogs. A genuine pedigree that is, it is good to know what is in there so if you ever get that "special" worker you can try and continue the line with your own input.

I have the brother to dead eyes' bitch and I have a pedigree for one side of this dog (whether it's true or not, I'm not 100% certain.

If the dog ever turns into that "special" worker then when the time comes I will do my best to trace the ancestory of him and maybe use him over a bitch. That though is a long way away and time will tell.

• Like 2