What catty are you currently using mate? Any specific type that we'd know? There's loads of 'budget' catties out there but a lot of lads on here just make them...nothing more rewarding and satisfying than catching dinner with something you've made. To be honest if you're doing ok with what you're using at the moment then why do you wanna change? All the best mate

I am looking for some advice on what type and size catty for a 10 year old ive been using a plastic ott c

atty with thereband gold and ive got pretty accurate but wondered if there was a better catty for me

well done to you Albie nice to see a young man with an interest in something not made by Apple, what hand do you use to hold your fork in and what size ammo are you using, it's a bit of a tough one because of your age, do you shoot with an adult have you got somewhere in your garden you shoot? The reason I ask is I would make you a small natty but I recon I,d need a note from your adult,

i hold the forks with my left and i use 6mm ball bearings . i go shooting with my dad as much as possible at the creek not aloud to fire in my garden because my dad has 6 aviarys.my dad always watches over me and says when we are accurate enough he will take me hunting :laugh:

I am looking for some advice on what type and size catty for a 10 year old ive been using a plastic ott c

atty with thereband gold and ive got pretty accurate but wondered if there was a better catty for me

well done to you Albie nice to see a young man with an interest in something not made by Apple, what hand do you use to hold your fork in and what size ammo are you using, it's a bit of a tough one because of your age, do you shoot with an adult have you got somewhere in your garden you shoot? The reason I ask is I would make you a small natty but I recon I,d need a note from your adult,
Spot on Greyman...very generous offer

hello greyman just been catapulting with my dad at the shore we are definatley improving but my dad says my catty is to big for me and im twisting it when i fire.i would realy like it if you could make me one and my dad said he would pay for it. gonna try send a photo of my cattys soon :yes:

i hold the forks with my left and i use 6mm ball bearings . i go shooting with my dad as much as possible at the creek not aloud to fire in my garden because my dad has 6 aviarys.my dad always watches over me and says when we are accurate enough he will take me hunting :laugh:

then in that case ask dad if it's OK to private message me your address and I will get a small natural catty off to you in the post in the coming week, when you see how it's made hopefully you can start making some for yourself as you get bigger cheers
  • Like 4

greyman dad is going to pm you but i need 2 more approved posts before i can pm

no worry,s Albie just write a couple more reply,s on here and you,ll be up and running, I,ll have a rummage in my man cave and see what I can dig out for you in the meatime

hello greyman my dad has just pm you

alright Albie I have just got this little hazel fork for you its banded with little 15mm bands and a small pouch for your 6mm ammo it's rigged up ttf, but if you find you like ott better there is a spare band set some tying strips and a little bit of string to pull it through, I have put a small groove round the fork tips to whip to, just look on you tube if your unsure it's called tuck and wrap method, or get dad to help, hope it fits your hand alright, I,ll stick them in the post in the morning for you

post-102539-0-88059800-1492626346_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3