Molecatcher Of The Year?

It's a funny old game. I got interrogated about my charges the other day by a chap who is probably on a 5Ok a year pension. "How can you possibly ask that amount of money for catching a mole?"

I pretended to pretend I wasn't flabbergasted by the audacity of the old boy, to whom I'd given a full explanation of my mo only 24 hours earlier. "Call Rentokil," I said. "See if they'll do it for less."

He coughed- up, and then started talking about a discount for the next call-out.

I operate on a no mole no money basis. If I can't catch it, why should I charge for being a failure? But if I do succeed, then by Christ I'm going to have some dough off you.

• Like 5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The moment a pottential customer, bulks at the price,...I walk away... I want clients that can afford me and who are happy to pay,...I've no need for whingers and whiners,...life is too short...

Its not how many you catch,...its how much regular work that your reliability, skill and honesty generates.... Mole trapping can be a good mistress,....and open up a whole lot of 'other doors'.....

It's a funny old game. I got interrogated about my charges the other day by a chap who is probably on a 5Ok a year pension. "How can you possibly ask that amount of money for catching a mole?" I pre

The moment a pottential customer, bulks at the price,...I walk away...

I want clients that can afford me and who are happy to pay,...I've no need for whingers and whiners,...life is too short... :yes:

Spot on , have started a job for a well known chief , he is often on the telly , but tomorrow i'm off to clear my traps up from his stately pile and walk away and take the loss . Basically i'm sick of his sarky comments each time i turn up .

:clapper: Goodonya fellah....

Always, be in control of your own destiny,,...we are here for a good time,...unfortunately, its not always for a long time... :yes:

So, I never waste time on folk who lack respect or feck me about...

Its a big old world, there is always another customer,...forget the divi,...onwards and upwards..... :laugh:

I had a customer who is a member of the House Of Lords. He stood me in his hallway and cross examined me on my 'exorbitant' charge to catch a mole that had been ploughing up his riverside retreat. The mole fell foul of a talpex within 24 hours - and was clearly operating alone. I explained that yes, I'd caught the mole quickly, but had it taken several days, the charge would have been the same. At this point his wife came out of the drawing room and gently told him to back off from giving me a hard time. Not only that, she made him ring me later that day and apologise for his rudeness!!

Phil is right. Catching moles is relatively easy; it's dealing with the people who call you in to do it that requires the degree in rocket science.

It's strange how out of all the pests I have to deal with moles cause the most hassle with payment, I went to a new farm a couple of months ago and the farm had not had moles caught for years when I gave him the bill he said the last mole catcher used to catch them for a bottle of whiskey I said I can see why your farm was covered in moles.

• Like 1

i dont trap or do pest control but i see people writing about charging per mole and i ask out of nosiness what is the going rate for dealing with moles, is it per head or per visit is there a up front fee as i imagine theres many a trap goes missing.

It's strange how out of all the pests I have to deal with moles cause the most hassle with payment, I went to a new farm a couple of months ago and the farm had not had moles caught for years when I gave him the bill he said the last mole catcher used to catch them for a bottle of whiskey I said I can see why your farm was covered in moles.

one of my farmers told me, once , there was a mole catcher, advertising (that year),... (national magazine) at half the rate, i am per mole ?,.....i said , " you better get him in , then ? ",....he goes, ...."no, thats alright,...just thought id say" :laugh: ,.....turns out the guy was just doing it ,to get interest, for any initial enquiries, when he wangled a visit for a survey, anywhere,...... it was a different story,...& his 'low rate', was out the window ! ha ha

Edited by earth-thrower

i dont trap or do pest control but i see people writing about charging per mole and i ask out of nosiness what is the going rate for dealing with moles, is it per head or per visit is there a up front fee as i imagine theres many a trap goes missing.

All of that, & more !,....lol,.....(some seem too over complicate, their charging ?) :yes:

Just came across this article while having a lazy hour. This lad was touching 8 thousand moles in a 12 month period, thats some going that. Just doing a rough guesstimate in my head i think i will be hitting 4 thousand a year, some years maybe 5, but certainly not 8, thats literally twice as many as me and i didnt think i could physically catch any more! Some going that!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwijm_Ss9KjTAhUBvBQKHWcKC4sQFgg2MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-1287507%2FForget-Dettol-mothballs--theres-way-trap-mole.html&usg=AFQjCNGiLV--Yrb8U8h2eZnY_pnnJQHmMQ

I never believe what I read in the media.

Traps cleared up from the Telly chef , he had to tell me one last time , that he was not happy with the service i had given and he was sure i was feeding the moles , what a dick....

If you work in North Norfolk and get asked by a chef to trap at his hotel , Pm me first to clarify if it's him or not .

Sent him my invoice and he has point blank refused to pay .

Before me it was a national company , apparently he treated them the same .

I'm too old grumpy to put up with idiots , :censored: . Next customer please, :boogy:

• Like 2

Traps cleared up from the Telly chef , he had to tell me one last time , that he was not happy with the service i had given and he was sure i was feeding the moles , what a dick....

If you work in North Norfolk and get asked by a chef to trap at his hotel , Pm me first to clarify if it's him or not .

Sent him my invoice and he has point blank refused to pay .

Before me it was a national company , apparently he treated them the same .

I'm too old grumpy to put up with idiots , :censored: . Next customer please, :boogy:

Has he paid you Edited by Welsh_red

Just had a call from a farmer about catching some moles that he had tried to catch but failed.

Wanted a price so given a per visit price over the phone of £50 and said it will be 4 or 5 visits generally. Moles in 4 areas, particularly along his runway!!

He was staggered at the price, then mentioned could I leave the runway as he was flying to Cornwall this Friday.

So he has his own plane, own runway, a farm and thinks I am expensive.

Is £50 per visit expensive, he is about 8 miles from me. given that it is unknown how many moles he has.

I am still learning, so any feedback would be great

It would all depend on how much land is involved at the farm tbh. I charge by the hour to avoid any arguments and an absolute minimum of £45 a visit. Its impossible to say if its a good price or your going to regret saying £50 mate.

• Like 1