Molecatcher Of The Year?

Just came across this article while having a lazy hour. This lad was touching 8 thousand moles in a 12 month period, thats some going that. Just doing a rough guesstimate in my head i think i will be hitting 4 thousand a year, some years maybe 5, but certainly not 8, thats literally twice as many as me and i didnt think i could physically catch any more! Some going that!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwijm_Ss9KjTAhUBvBQKHWcKC4sQFgg2MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-1287507%2FForget-Dettol-mothballs--theres-way-trap-mole.html&usg=AFQjCNGiLV--Yrb8U8h2eZnY_pnnJQHmMQ

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The moment a pottential customer, bulks at the price,...I walk away... I want clients that can afford me and who are happy to pay,...I've no need for whingers and whiners,...life is too short...

Its not how many you catch,...its how much regular work that your reliability, skill and honesty generates.... Mole trapping can be a good mistress,....and open up a whole lot of 'other doors'.....

It's a funny old game. I got interrogated about my charges the other day by a chap who is probably on a 5Ok a year pension. "How can you possibly ask that amount of money for catching a mole?" I pre

Well i been trapping for 35 + Never been bitten , as soon as you start moving earth from around the run the moles get as far away from that area as possible . And boybthey can move

• Like 2

Thats the equivalent of working 6 days a week 52 weeks a year at 25 moles per day.

Perhaps a bit of creative accounting there, with no one to do any auditing of numbers.

Or am I being a little cynical. It would be interesting to see what he put in his tax return though.

• Like 3

Apologies, if it seems 'offensive',....but , i cant see it ,....his 'tally' ?,....certain 'mole catchers' were looking for 'publicity', at the time,....& the BTMRs wee award scheme, here, was a good way too get it ?,...this was obviously going to encourage 'exaggeration' :yes: ,...with no way too properly ascertain, other than taking the persons , 'word for it' !,..........(i didnt like the idea of it , at the time, & this 'who can catch the most' , type of thing, to me, personally,......is in 'bad taste',..........dont get me wrong , im not 'knocking' anyones 'genuine' achievement, in this regard,.........but, it shouldnt be a 'competition' ? :D

Just came across this article while having a lazy hour. This lad was touching 8 thousand moles in a 12 month period, thats some going that. Just doing a rough guesstimate in my head i think i will be hitting 4 thousand a year, some years maybe 5, but certainly not 8, thats literally twice as many as me and i didnt think i could physically catch any more! Some going that!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwijm_Ss9KjTAhUBvBQKHWcKC4sQFgg2MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-1287507%2FForget-Dettol-mothballs--theres-way-trap-mole.html&usg=AFQjCNGiLV--Yrb8U8h2eZnY_pnnJQHmMQ

God,... i wish i had plenty of good ground, that is 'black' , with them ? lol,.....& i could get 'stuck in' ! lol ,....unfortunately now , where i am, theres alot of 'walking' involved , to mop up, not too many moles :cray: (im a 'slow fecker' anyway, Trappa, & im sure you would beat me hands down, if i had similar ground, to you, anyway :laugh:)

Edited by earth-thrower

Mate, im just lucky enough to live where its riddled with them thats all, Im nothing special. Plus because its riddled there is no chance of charging what others in certain areas do.

Sensible, poignant and accurate reply there trappa... :clapper:

The financial remuneration for most forms of pest control, varies immensely, throughout the country :yes:

• Like 2

Mate, im just lucky enough to live where its riddled with them thats all, Im nothing special. Plus because its riddled there is no chance of charging what others in certain areas do.

Good on you, mate (& i know youll have your work, cut out, alot of the time :D ,...but , i can tell your more than 'capable') & i fully understand, the need to be 'flexible', when charging, for big numbers :yes:

• Like 1