Babies Are Racist

Racial bias is a genetic tendency in small babies.

However the idea that this Darwinian mechanism in effectively intellectually negligible babies meant to make sure they crawl towards their own mother and not someone else's is hardly an excuse in later and presumably more mentally developed life... :D

They do the study on babies because they're not influenced by anything. There have been studies on adults with the same result but the argument was that people had developed bias due to external influences.

Birds of a feather flock together

Yours is certainly an interesting explantion, in a sort of homespun, folksy sort of way but I think it's far more likely that it is a Darwinian hard wired adaptation to compell the baby towards it's mother.

Evolution is very brutal and babies that weren't predisposed to people who looked like them and therefore were more likely to be their wider tribe would suffer a competitive disadvantage against those that wouldn't.

So it's true in the case of babies.

However babies also shit themselves and we train that out of them too. :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel it important to point out that racial bias is not racism. Racism is the belief of racial superiority, period. It's been bastardised these days to mean basically anything.   Koinophilia!

Muhammad Ali explained it best, it's the natural order and there's nothing wrong with it at all.

"Racial bias is not racism" ?   Try telling that to the latest meeting of the Hackney Afro-Carribean Lesbian Collective......(guest speaker Jeremy Corbyn on "Non-traditional gender specification and

Posted Images

Indeed and as I said the idea that the vestigial conciousness of a baby is a model for later life is refuted by toilet training.

Why train some hard wired traits out and not others?

not being able to control ones bowels at the age of 6 months isn't really a hard wired trait, we've not evolved to sh*t ourselves it is something that happens while the body is developing and growing, nothing to do with how the brain works.

Nice theory but it falls over after thinking about it for about 30 seconds ;)

Anyway you should actually read the article, it's quite funny. They're absolutely liberal as you like and sound quite horrified at their results.

“If we can pinpoint the starting point of racial bias, which we may have done here, we can start to find ways to prevent racial biases from happening”

and

“Implicit racial biases tend to be subconscious, pernicious, and insidious. It permeates almost all of our social interactions, from health care to commerce, employment, politics, and dating. Because of that, it’s very important to study where these kinds of biases come from and use that information to try and prevent racial biases from developing”

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Was racial mixing in family groups historically common enough to force babies to evolve this instinct then? I mean did African families make a habit of holidaying with their European pen pals 50'000 years ago? LOL

Has anybody Googled koinophilia yet.....

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

I'm not like most, I do bother to read articles before commenting on them.. :D

I think something is being lost in translation here, I'm out to brunch just now but let's revisit this later. :)

If you want peopke to read the full article then don't quote the daily fecking mirror lol

Was racial mixing in family groups historically common enough to force babies to evolve this instinct then? I mean did African families make a habit of holidaying with their European pen pals 50'000 years ago? LOL

Ha ha I googled it, I thought you'd made the word up :laugh:

• Like 1

I don't want to Google it - my 'mind of its own' spell checker might 'correct' it and get me into trouble......
  • Like 2

Basically it's an evolution theory as to why speciation takes place in two populations that are no longer separated geographically. Essentially it states that a factor in sexual selection is individuals tend to choose partners that have the least number of mutations from themselves. An inherited racial bias.

• Like 1