Yes Or No?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

Hinds are taken a lot easier than Stags.It's all down to the individual beast (Stag) some take off and can't be stopped using every bit of the terrain to there advantage,some take off get tired and then stand there ground and seek sanctuary in shallow rivers,flooded peat diggings,streams etc and some are just big ignorant beast that hardly move and don't recognise the danger till it's too late. I've seen all types take them Colliex Bullx  Deerhoundx Bedlingtonx Salukix. Up Caithness early 90s I seen them ran regular with a mates Deerhoundx and these where good dogs,however the best dog up there for them was a firstx Saluki/Greyhound,I'm sure it was called Brandy iirc,a big 28" dog.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, MickC said:

Hinds are taken a lot easier than Stags.It's all down to the individual beast (Stag) some take off and can't be stopped using every bit of the terrain to there advantage,some take off get tired and then stand there ground and seek sanctuary in shallow rivers,flooded peat diggings,streams etc and some are just big ignorant beast that hardly move and don't recognise the danger till it's too late. I've seen all types take them Colliex Bullx  Deerhoundx Bedlingtonx Salukix. Up Caithness early 90s I seen them ran regular with a mates Deerhoundx and these where good dogs,however the best dog up there for them was a firstx Saluki/Greyhound,I'm sure it was called Brandy iirc,a big 28" dog.

I know you probably don't care mick, but you know hardly anyone off here is going to believe you. A first cross saluki/greyhound? Come on lol ?

By the way, I am a believer

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

I know you probably don't care mick, but you know hardly anyone off here is going to believe you. A first cross saluki/greyhound? Come on lol ?

By the way, I am a believer

There is a few of us on here who used to go up to Caithness regular throughout the 90s to the same place and went out with the same man but they refuse to comment on any Red threads on here for the usual arguments that always start in these threads. I never even seen the Brandy dog run mate but the lads who told me about it all had there own dogs running the same stuff and they where not the type to lie or give credit to a dog that didn't deserve it. Those that have ran them know they can be taken and those that have not are usually the ones doubting it . Just the way it is .

• Like 6
5 hours ago, MickC said:

There is a few of us on here who used to go up to Caithness regular throughout the 90s to the same place and went out with the same man but they refuse to comment on any Red threads on here for the usual arguments that always start in these threads. I never even seen the Brandy dog run mate but the lads who told me about it all had there own dogs running the same stuff and they where not the type to lie or give credit to a dog that didn't deserve it. Those that have ran them know they can be taken and those that have not are usually the ones doubting it . Just the way it is .

I'm told there miniature compared 2 southern ones is that right 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

I'm told there miniature compared 2 southern ones is that right 

Who told you that lol ? The further North you get they dont get as big as the some of the South/Park deer due to environment/food availability but certainly still a formidable task. 

Edited by MickC
  • Like 6
21 minutes ago, MickC said:

Who told you that lol ? The further North you get they dont get as big as the some of the South/Park deer due to environment/food availability but certainly still a formidable task. A young pair of 5/8 Bullx litter brothers with a Stag late 90s, also a pic of a hind standing with 24” Bedlington/Greyhound.Try pulling these off a hillside in the middle of nowhere. 

D1D9139F-5B8E-4590-BBDE-49FA89215FB0.jpeg

B5279BAB-A153-4028-BA79-2F67D8C876F9.jpeg

That stag looks shagged out tbf mate ?

18 minutes ago, MickC said:

Who told you that lol ? The further North you get they dont get as big as the some of the South/Park deer due to environment/food availability but certainly still a formidable task. A young pair of 5/8 Bullx litter brothers with a Stag late 90s, also a pic of a hind.Try pulling these off a hillside in the middle of nowhere. 

D1D9139F-5B8E-4590-BBDE-49FA89215FB0.jpeg

B5279BAB-A153-4028-BA79-2F67D8C876F9.jpeg

Big enough owd lad