Yes Or No?

I have a couple of wild boar hybrids outside at this very moment, they are serious and intelligent animals.

Sizes if wild would very much depend on where they are living, Central Europe seems to suit them very well.

The hybrids here are very fast growers and the father was a seriously big animal with a massive set of hooks to match.

• Like 1

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

I have a couple of wild boar hybrids outside at this very moment, they are serious and intelligent animals.

Sizes if wild would very much depend on where they are living, Central Europe seems to suit them very well.

The hybrids here are very fast growers and the father was a seriously big animal with a massive set of hooks to match.

somebody I know had a boar it was easily 500lb in weight he told me built like a tank big pair of pearlies on him he stood there and basically waited for the two dogs to hit him his bitch was only a small bull greyhound bitch she hit this big bugger on the front end and wouldn't break off when my mate had got there the bitch had been opened up by the risk of this big boy she did survive she was really lucky my mate couldnt believe she had survived it

It's all about technique with boar- man and dog.atb dc

same as most things the lad who dog it was has been abroad hunting them in America Australia and Germany so he's more then schooled with the ins and outs with mr boar it's was the bitches 1st time and nearly the last

I have no idea what red deer do when they go down but creatures of a similar species once down just accept there fate, when they go down the games over.

Boar on the other hand are not like that, apart from the obvious physical differences with a boar being built like a compact battle ship, they will not stop the fight.

I have had to tag both (goats, sheep and boar) and boar are always a b*****d and are much more powerful creatures at comparable weight.

As I say, it's just a wild guess, but imho a 250lb boar would be a much more formidable opponent compared to a deer of similar size simply because of their nature.

I have no idea what red deer do when they go down but creatures of a similar species once down just accept there fate, when they go down the games over.

Boar on the other hand are not like that, apart from the obvious physical differences with a boar being built like a compact battle ship, they will not stop the fight.

I have had to tag both (goats, sheep and boar) and boar are always a b*****d and are much more powerful creatures at comparable weight.

As I say, it's just a wild guess, but imho a 250lb boar would be a much more formidable opponent compared to a deer of similar size simply because of their nature.

A fella I know works on a red deer farm and he tells me that they are just like cows when you have them in race or crush to handle them, some are well behaved and others are right tw@ts, mainly the stags, its a bit dicey when he's going to feed them in the rut.

• Like 1

Comparing red deer and wild boar. Only on THL. Lol

Imho it makes for more interesting conversation than "what do you reckon on a greyhound cross Burmese mountain dog?"

But hey, it's probably all nonsense to big time chaps so not being one of them, I'm out.

• Like 3

Comparing red deer and wild boar. Only on THL. Lol

all this talk of Red stags and now wild boar and not one mention of the formidable Bedlington whippet cross (as yet) :victory: when the books finally released I reckon this be the game beast stood over the single handed felled monster :hmm:

The biggest boar I have handled would have been about 80kg /150 pound, it had huge tusks but was not very strong or explosive. To be honest my dog handled it with ease. My dog hit a boar one day around 100kg/ 200 pound plus that went off like a bomb, we had three other dogs there, one did not engage at all, the other two went in after him and I am glad they did as he was being ragdolled! There was little to no chance to go in and help as he literally had no control of this beast other than to hang off it's ear which stopped it running away. The other two dogs gassed and jacked after a while but thankfully the boar started to tire too and we got a handle on him and stuck him. My dog nearly bled out from a rip on his back leg which cut an artery and if he didn't have his chest plate he would have been dead and the boar would have run off into the night. The punctures and strikes on the chest plate were quite alarming and made me realise what a dangerous quarry a big angry boar can be. My dog survived after emergency surgery and alot of $$$ but I could not have been prouder of him. He has hit dozens of sows and small boars and handled them with ease but a big angry boar, which you don't come across very often is really like another species altogether.

• Like 4

Seen wild boar stop by one dog one it's own not a very big dog either but a very decent size boar ! Thing with boar is getting your hands on and controlling it ! Seen a red stag in Sussex this season dwarfed the 3 fallow bucks it was with it didn't even run if a single dog can take that I'd be very very surprised

• Like 2