Yes Or No?

24 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol,  f***ing hell stiffy,  you've got to be the biggest skeptic on this entire site lol ?

No , 

I’ve ran fallow and I’m not ashamed to say that although I’d say my dogs were extremely good at pulling down roe , they were distinctly b rate on fallow . 

different game , different  animal 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No , 

I’ve ran fallow and I’m not ashamed to say that although I’d say my dogs were extremely good at pulling down roe , they were distinctly b rate on fallow . 

Has anyone said fallow are easy? 

Fallow are a serious proposition for any dog even an experienced deer dog. Big, strong and fast and often in large herds they are not for the faint of heart. My whippet is game as they come and big for a whippet but he just gets dragged around the field, I have desperately tried to break him to deer as it’s an accident waiting to happen but the little f****r is determined to eventually bag him a fallow ??‍♂️   

11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No , 

That’s a very fair thing to say, roe might run like f**k, but there’s pretty much zero fight once they are grabbed, there would be more fight in a munty. Fallow can kick and struggle like f**k and getting clobbered by a hoof must hurt a fair bit. Also just a lot more size and weight to get your gob on and anchor when running......

But there are dogs out there dropping fallow bucks and big ones to, so hence my question, if it’s believable that a single good dog can stop a big prime rutting fallow buck, how come it’s so unbelievable that a dog or dogs can stop a less well fed,  hill wintered red......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Has anyone said fallow are easy? 

Have I said they are ? 

it’s a different prospect purely as it’s normally a different scenario . 

how do you encounter fallow normally ? 

how do you encounter roe normally ? 

see what I’m getting at there ? 

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I reckon half the people who pass comments on big deer have knocked over w few roe in batting around and are assuming that by dint of species that by escalation of height and weights it’s the same game . 

It f***ing isn’t . 

knocking a roe over to me is bog standard for a decent lurcher . most should master them easier them big fallow  herds are a different prospect than chasing a roe buck out of cover 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No , 

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Have I said they are ? 

it’s a different prospect purely as it’s normally a different scenario . 

how do you encounter fallow normally ? 

how do you encounter roe normally ? 

see what I’m getting at there ? 

The first two posts, you are inferring that taking fallow bucks is very hard to do,  or seldom done, and your own particular dogs struggled a lot with them.

Your last post really doesn't need an answer, as you know.

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

The first two posts, you are inferring that taking fallow bucks is very hard to do,  or seldom done, and your own particular dogs struggled a lot with them.

Your last post really doesn't need an answer, as you know.

There is an air of impertinence about you today furg and you can't be blaming the heat young man

26 minutes ago, Black neck said:

There is an air of impertinence about you today furg and you can't be blaming the heat young man

No more than what stiffy dishes out, especially to me.

No need to blame the heat blacky ?

The last few months, in several of his posts, on a few threads, I'd even go so far as to say he was being obtusive, just for the sake of obtusiveness. ??

Edited by shaaark
55 minutes ago, shaaark said:

No more than what stiffy dishes out, especially to me.

No need to blame the heat blacky ?

The last few months, in several of his posts, on a few threads, I'd even go so far as to say he was being obtusive, just for the sake of obtusiveness. ??

My whole point is that a roe is nearly always found in pairs or singular . 

a dog that performs against a roe if that's all it knows is generally found wanting when looses into that big herd moving over the wheat..

it’s a very different prospect for a dog . Two or three targets at most , against one from a moving mass that can eat the ground up when pushed hard . 

but then you’d know this 

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

a dog that performs against a roe if that's all it knows is generally found wanting when looses into that big herd moving over the wheat..

it’s a very different prospect for a dog . Two or three targets at most , against one from a moving mass that can eat the ground up when pushed hard . 

but then you’d know this 

You're right about herds, seems to flummox a dog at times, also noticed at the start it can fry the brain of a real stock broke dog a bit, not seeing the trees for the wood as it were.

Seems to be time of year though, see roe in 1-3 most of the year, fallow seem to herd up at times, and at others we seem to see lots of 1-3 animal groups. Also I've noticed that once a herd is scattered, they seem to lose their heads a bit and stand about confused in various places.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

but then you’d know this 

Perhaps I read your earlier posts wrong?it has been known lol