Yes Or No?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

A proper effort should be undertaken of a mass cull of Sika in parts of Scotland to keep some pure herds of Red deer.

Surely this is not to hard to organise and the meat has got to be worth something to them local economy’s if sold to supermarkets ‘ butchers and restaurants once restrictions re Covid are lifted ?

A lot of keepers stalkers shoot on sight but the problem is the area that are not estates  there over run with sika and there hybreds 

7 hours ago, nothernlite said:

A lot of keepers stalkers shoot on sight but the problem is the area that are not estates  there over run with sika and there hybreds 

There’s a few sika near us and I believe a few hybrids which I’ve not seen my self but it seems mainly lads we dogs keep on top of them 

23 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

You’ll get different opinions on red deer depending on who you’re speaking to, there’s a huge difference between running them daytime on mountains & running them with a lamp & a motor. 

If you say you've done one or Seen one done your lying ? if your dog can do a couple winter hare or done a couple Charlie a night it hasn't ... One word sums 99% on here up ...... Jealous 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

If you say you've done one or Seen one done your lying ? if your dog can do a couple winter hare or done a couple Charlie a night it hasn't ... One word sums 99% on here up ...... Jealous 

It’s like anything you put on here it’s a waist of time tbh you can be happy as Larry wi your dog doing so well and that you’ve had productive hunts your still be told the opposite of good you’ll just get the same people offering negatives 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Reds are breeding with the sika  in alot of parts of scotland surely that will bring the size down and wipe the red deer in  scotland out eventually  just a thought 

Whats wierd about that is i know of places in south of england where reds sika and odd fallow can be found yet theres very few hybrids ? But like you say it seems to be a big concern in scotland 

37 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How ye cook ye sika ??

Flash fry mate, the back straps are gorgeous. Haunches and front cuts, slow in red wine ?

A lot of crabbers say they ain't seen it... I haven't seen a tree fall (naturally) doesn't mean it doesn't happen... anyway I've never had or hunted a Beddyx so I wouldn't know ?

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Flash fry mate, the back straps are gorgeous. Haunches and front cuts, slow in red wine ?

A lot of crabbers say they ain't seen it... I haven't seen a tree fall (naturally) doesn't mean it doesn't happen... anyway I've never had or hunted a Beddyx so I wouldn't know ?

Seen a beddy/whippet fell a giant redwood, straight after taking down and killing a red stag. 

Was about 35 years ago mind, perhaps he had 'the right' blood in him? ?

• Haha 2
52 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How ye cook ye sika ??

I like it braised and then pulled off the bone or just roasted with garlic n that they reckon dont overcook it but still tastes good to me.cooked in a rendang is also not to be sniffed at if u like that sort of thing.

• Thanks 1