Yes Or No?

On 13/04/2017 at 16:49, DogMan85 said:

I can remember the last time I saw one ran a good few years back by a kid I know who had some huge Bull/Greyhound/Deerhound types, I don't think they were the quickest of animals but they were proper powerhouses.

The Stag was turned into the middle of the field and we slipped the dogs and no word of a lie the Stag straight lined the Fcukers, jumped a massive ditch and made it's escape into the woods.

The way the beast was galloping no dog on God's earth would have stopped it single handed, it would have bulldozed the lot of the fcukers at that rate.

Agree 100% the dog who takes a beast like that singlehanded don’t exist. There’s a reason why the wolf is a pack hunter. I’m sure there has been a wolf or two that could go it alone but  0.5% catch/ kill  success is about the best it would get 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

No not with the type I run wouldn’t be man enough for the job no were near enough power in the cross I keep for the size of red deer be like sending lambs to slaughter with that head gear an power red deer have but if I had a pair of bull greyhound deerhound greyhounds with a good bit of size an power about them an it was legal id try my luck only if I had a way of retrieving the downed deer or it’s pointless 

54 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

reds are no mythical beast they can and have been taken [BANNED TEXT] 2 dogs,  but must be teamwork dogs alone will not take him down unless he goes down  ,then job is to keep him down.

You can do it with one dog. And I would slip a big single dog on one

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Unpredictable but easy, I've always found black rhino to be the most challenging. 

There blind for a start, had an old deerhoundy done a male lion and a bull hippo off 1 slip and retrieve both 2 hand then went on 2 take a crocodile 2 draclyers and a frankenstien 

Thats all I'm saying on it

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

There blind for a start, had an old deerhoundy done a male lion and a bull hippo off 1 slip and retrieve both 2 hand then went on 2 take a crocodile 2 draclyers and a frankenstien 

Thats all I'm saying on it

I'm sorry I don't believe you, there's no such thing as vampires. 

46 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Non starter on fit winter January mice though

?

32 minutes ago, Black neck said:

True but no such thing as alrounder

?

27 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Big difference geographically! 

Yep, southern mice do get slighter larger than their northern brethren.