Yes Or No?

BOOOO_zps5ya5kg5u.jpg

manyantlersmakelightwork_zps19990c07.jpg

IMG_20170218_234655_011_zpsaiaj7k7o.jpg

Before I write,i have to add I dont ever run the dogs on deer,as its illegal as we all know and these photos were taken from the net,,

looking at these beasts,,who would be crazy enough to risk your loyal canine companions life on these monster brutes...in my minds eye it would be a war of attrition,and more than likely with only one outcome...a very broken up (if not suddenly deceased )dog..if on the other hand they do become ground level and said canines are doing their bit,,would any man be brave enough to run in with their antlers thrashing to give the coup de gras?It'd be shitty underpants time i reckon,lol..

we were shooting up the country years ago with a stalker and one walked out into the open and my mate was about to shoot him,,I was driving a ford focus estate at the time,I told him under no circumstances was he to shoot it,and there was no way this horse of a deer would fit in the back of the car,nor would we be able to pull it anywhere near the road anyway..we ended up letting the beast be and took 2 smaller deer afterwards,but to see such and animal at close quarters,I couldnt believe ,the mass of it,....its neck at the lower point must have been 2-3 ft wide..How any dog could even slow these things down is beyond me,but again ive no experience in such matters,just my thoughts

• Like 8

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

BOOOO_zps5ya5kg5u.jpg

manyantlersmakelightwork_zps19990c07.jpg

IMG_20170218_234655_011_zpsaiaj7k7o.jpg

Before I write,i have to add I dont ever run the dogs on deer,as its illegal as we all know and these photos were taken from the net,,

looking at these beasts,,who would be crazy enough to risk your loyal canine companions life on these monster brutes...in my minds eye it would be a war of attrition,and more than likely with only one outcome...a very broken up (if not suddenly deceased )dog..if on the other hand they do become ground level and said canines are doing their bit,,would any man be brave enough to run in with their antlers thrashing to give the coup de gras?It'd be shitty underpants time i reckon,lol..

we were shooting up the country years ago with a stalker and one walked out into the open and my mate was about to shoot him,,I was driving a ford focus estate at the time,I told him under no circumstances was he to shoot it,and there was no way this horse of a deer would fit in the back of the car,nor would we be able to pull it anywhere near the road anyway..we ended up letting the beast be and took 2 smaller deer afterwards,but to see such and animal at close quarters,I couldnt believe ,the mass of it,....its neck at the lower point must have been 2-3 ft wide..How any dog could even slow these things down is beyond me,but again ive no experience in such matters,just my thoughts

Good write up mate! Although the pics were not yours thanks for sharing some real crackers there!

I'm not suggesting it's something that should be done on any type of regular basis but some things in life are like f***ing a big ugly fat bird who is utter filth, you should try it at least once if the opportunity ever arose.........just so you had tasted the full richness of life ;)

• Like 10

I'm not suggesting it's something that should be done on any type of regular basis but some things in life are like f***ing a big ugly fat bird who is utter filth, you should try it at least once if the opportunity ever arose.........just so you had tasted the full richness of life ;)

nice analogy :thumbs::toast:

well when you put it like that it would be rude not too, would it not :whistling:

• Like 3

Sometimes your dog needs to obey commands or they would inevitably get you into trouble,he's pretty obedient for a thick owld Saluki cross ✌

PSX_20160317_075334_zps3gctv7qi.jpg

It would be interesting to see if he could come to terms with them over that terrain.