Yes Or No?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

Thankyou for the input folks,nice to hear the views of people who have both witnessed the feat albeit even just trying lol & that of those who have an honest opinion on it..I think we all pretty much agree it would never of been easy if at all possible & perhaps a step to far for all but a tiny minority of running dogs & i think several lads have said about the terrain they seen them on & their raw power jumping 6ft fences,ditches etc & bounding up rock faces so not only stopping one & getting him over but possibly the hardest part would be catching the bloody thing!! Cheers again I've enjoyed reading all your views ✌

• Like 5

Good post and nice to hear the differing views they a big lump for sure and hats off to the commited man and dogs who had a go back in the day be an adreneline rush for all involved man dog and big red himself atb taffey like trying to drop a racehorse with headgear lol

Thankyou for the input folks,nice to hear the views of people who have both witnessed the feat albeit even just trying lol & that of those who have an honest opinion on it..I think we all pretty much agree it would never of been easy if at all possible & perhaps a step to far for all but a tiny minority of running dogs & i think several lads have said about the terrain they seen them on & their raw power jumping 6ft fences,ditches etc & bounding up rock faces so not only stopping one & getting him over but possibly the hardest part would be catching the bloody thing!! Cheers again I've enjoyed reading all your views ✌

Have you seen it done Fuji.

Doubled or single handed.

Have you seen it done Fuji.

Doubled or single handed.

I wish ✌

• Like 2

I live next to a place that has reds in the park. I'm not a long dog man but read your posts out of interest. Often the deer are right up to my boundary fence and I often think about posts claiming to take them. The big lads are seriously big fecking animals, I know they are park deer but they are are a big lump on the hoof.

The hinds I can see would be doable but the big boys it would take some dog to take one down single handed....looking at close quarters the size of them I would say no....

NO...long dog is taking a red stag single handed.... they may JOCKEY them but not pulling 1 down unless sick or wounded.
i agree 100% no dog is pulling them single handed I'd have see it to believe it but in no way would I believe it coming out of anyone's mouth
  • Like 1

That all depends were they are standing in that photo,out on the hill dogs slipped straight away,near a road,close to fencing or forestry and I would wait to see if they wander further out. It's a Stags arrogance that can get them caught the easiest,anyone that's ran them will know what I'm on about,also them thinking there safe in water is a big help but to be fair on rough ground they don't half cover it well when they do decide to move.

Edited by MickC

Well Lads after rearing your pride and joy, for the best part of 2 to 3 years, Then in a rush of madness, you slip your pride and joy, on to one of those big fellas, your dog is going to have a night mare of a run, As said the Rough terrain, ruts of heather with those dangerous rocks jutting out, then in seconds, he is up to his shoulders in the peat bogs, and there is plenty of those were those fellas rome, and then he lowers his mighty head, with at least 14 pointed daggers just waiting to lift your pride and joy, In reality, leave well alone, Again some one some were has probably,achieved Taking out the Monarch of the Glen, ((((( I am pleased to say it is not my cup of tea,

• Like 11

That all depends were they are standing in that photo,out on the hill dogs slipped straight away,near a road,close to fencing or forestry and I would wait to see if they wander further out. It's a Stags arrogance that can get them caught the easiest,anyone that's ran them will know what I'm on about,also them thinking there safe in water is a big help but to be fair on rough ground they don't half cover it well when they do decide to move.

See from what you right Mick you have seen it be for