Yes Or No?

The park with road through it bell? Some big fcukers in there if it is

Aye, that's the one mate..... some big old lumps, had one up the garden the other week had got out, called the keeper to come get it otherwise it was going in the freezer....

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

I live next to a place that has reds in the park. I'm not a long dog man but read your posts out of interest. Often the deer are right up to my boundary fence and I often think about posts claiming to take them. The big lads are seriously big fecking animals, I know they are park deer but they are are a big lump on the hoof.

The hinds I can see would be doable but the big boys it would take some dog to take one down single handed....looking at close quarters the size of them I would say no....

As you say mate, the hinds bloody big never mind the Stags , was over one day at Cannock chase staffs, few years back , and it was in jan had been snowing few days before , and some of the ground was hard . just mooching about , went to this field , the gate was 1/2 open , the bottom of the gate was wedged solid in to the floor, where mud/water had frozen it, they no way could move it, to close or open , it was stuck fast, me and a mate couldn't not move it no way. Anyway the dogs were just mooching about in front, when they knocked these red hinds up, they ran down the field after them, one came up the track to this gate a big hind, it hit the gate if it wasn't there , christ they are bloody strong animals :yes: , the deer got away and we got he dogs back and carried on with our mooch, dogs knocked few rabbits out, but that was it , it only lasted 5-7 mins with the deer , never seen any more but bloody hell it get the old heart pounding lol :D .

• Like 2

The park with road through it bell? Some big fcukers in there if it is

Aye, that's the one mate..... some big old lumps, had one up the garden the other week had got out, called the keeper to come get it otherwise it was going in the freezer....

We do a lot of land up round there, even some hinds are big ole things, nice place to live

Yes, it's a nice spot, you've probably been past mine if you've been been the back way round the park. Some of the stags are huge and real nice to see in the summer once they get their headgear. They chop them off for the rut so they don't twat each other... bit of a of an oddball the landowner....

I live next to a place that has reds in the park. I'm not a long dog man but read your posts out of interest. Often the deer are right up to my boundary fence and I often think about posts claiming to take them. The big lads are seriously big fecking animals, I know they are park deer but they are are a big lump on the hoof.

The hinds I can see would be doable but the big boys it would take some dog to take one down single handed....looking at close quarters the size of them I would say no....

As you say mate, the hinds bloody big never mind the Stags , was over one day at Cannock chase staffs, few years back , and it was in jan had been snowing few days before , and some of the ground was hard . just mooching about , went to this field , the gate was 1/2 open , the bottom of the gate was wedged solid in to the floor, where mud/water had frozen it, they no way could move it, to close or open , it was stuck fast, me and a mate couldn't not move it no way. Anyway the dogs were just mooching about in front, when they knocked these red hinds up, they ran down the field after them, one came up the track to this gate a big hind, it hit the gate if it wasn't there , christ they are bloody strong animals :yes: , the deer got away and we got he dogs back and carried on with our mooch, dogs knocked few rabbits out, but that was it , it only lasted 5-7 mins with the deer , never seen any more but bloody hell it get the old heart pounding lol :D .
Bird, unless you see the close up and I mean feet away, you don't appreciate how big they are......am sure someone has done it and would like to hear about it. A mate done a fallow buck a while back lol and have seen pics so you never know....
  • Like 2

Bird, unless you see the close up and I mean feet away, you don't appreciate how big they are......am sure someone has done it and would like to hear about it. A mate done a fallow buck a while back lol and have seen pics so you never know....

Big difference between a Fallow Buck and Red Stag like.

• Like 1

Back in the halcyon days of our sport would you of slipped or passed them by?

PSX_20170405_164509_zpsivo4rvee.jpg

Is that the Lake District or Scotland?
I photographed them up in Scotland last week matey,just had a couple of days up there hiking with the Pom lol
I was working up near Aberfeldy and I could see them from the log cabins we were staying in.

Back in the day we have ran them down Leicestershire and they have been seen not far from where I live in Rotherham.

ROTHERFCUKING HAM....THEMS CAMELS YOUR SEEING DOW THAT WAY.LOL

• Like 1

Watched and heard them out on the hills last time we stayed up in scotland -if your lucky enough to get close enough with a dog,you will be horrified at the speed and ground they cover-fallow and roe are no comparison imo, the wild ones are different to the park bred deer .atb dc

• Like 3

Back in the halcyon days of our sport would you of slipped or passed them by?

PSX_20170405_164509_zpsivo4rvee.jpg

Is that the Lake District or Scotland?
I photographed them up in Scotland last week matey,just had a couple of days up there hiking with the Pom lol
I was working up near Aberfeldy and I could see them from the log cabins we were staying in.

Back in the day we have ran them down Leicestershire and they have been seen not far from where I live in Rotherham.

ROTHERFCUKING HAM....THEMS CAMELS YOUR SEEING DOW THAT WAY.LOL

Very likely the local Rag Ead's pets....... ?

:hmm:Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things....

My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad....

Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs, down in the West Country,...ugly girt feckers....more akin to Donkeys than Deer...

Can they be taken with lurchers that are committed to the task ?,...I believe they can.... :yes:

However,... it would not be a pretty sight,...sure, a buzz and a definite turn on, for them as needs it no doubt,...but,..the job would hold no interest for me.... :thumbs:

• Like 16

Watched and heard them out on the hills last time we stayed up in scotland -if your lucky enough to get close enough with a dog,you will be horrified at the speed and ground they cover-fallow and roe are no comparison imo, the wild ones are different to the park bred deer .atb dc

Am sure the park and wild ones are different mate, although they are both big animals, the stags that is.... dont have any real experience of fallow, but have seen plenty of farmed and wild reds and they are lumps....not saying it can't be done, but would liked to have seen it....

:hmm:Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things....

My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad....

Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs, down in the West Country,...ugly girt feckers....more akin to Donkeys than Deer...

Can they be taken with lurchers that are committed to the task ?,...I believe they can.... :yes:

However,... it would not be a pretty sight,...sure, a buzz and a definite turn on, for them as needs it no doubt,...but,..the job would hold no interest for me.... :thumbs:

'More akin to donkeys'.....made me chuckle...atb

I know it can be done with the right number of dogs but I don't know of anyone who has pulled one down and kept one down with one dog. If you've got a game dog and you slipped it on one single handed the dog is going to be in big trouble if it comes to terms with the animal.

• Like 1