Yes Or No?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

Back in the halcyon days of our sport would you of slipped or passed them by?

PSX_20170405_164509_zpsivo4rvee.jpg

Is that the Lake District or Scotland?

I photographed them up in Scotland last week matey,just had a couple of days up there hiking with the Pom lol

Back in the halcyon days of our sport would you of slipped or passed them by?

PSX_20170405_164509_zpsivo4rvee.jpg

Is that the Lake District or Scotland?
I photographed them up in Scotland last week matey,just had a couple of days up there hiking with the Pom lol
I was working up near Aberfeldy and I could see them from the log cabins we were staying in.

Back in the day we have ran them down Leicestershire and they have been seen not far from where I live in Rotherham.

Edited by DogMan85
  • Like 1

I live next to a place that has reds in the park. I'm not a long dog man but read your posts out of interest. Often the deer are right up to my boundary fence and I often think about posts claiming to take them. The big lads are seriously big fecking animals, I know they are park deer but they are are a big lump on the hoof.

The hinds I can see would be doable but the big boys it would take some dog to take one down single handed....looking at close quarters the size of them I would say no....

• Like 6

I can remember the last time I saw one ran a good few years back by a kid I know who had some huge Bull/Greyhound/Deerhound types, I don't think they were the quickest of animals but they were proper powerhouses.

The Stag was turned into the middle of the field and we slipped the dogs and no word of a lie the Stag straight lined the Fcukers, jumped a massive ditch and made it's escape into the woods.

The way the beast was galloping no dog on God's earth would have stopped it single handed, it would have bulldozed the lot of the fcukers at that rate.

• Like 4

I can remember the last time I saw one ran a good few years back by a kid I know who had some huge Bull/Greyhound/Deerhound types, I don't think they were the quickest of animals but they were proper powerhouses.

The Stag was turned into the middle of the field and we slipped the dogs and no word of a lie the Stag straight lined the Fcukers, jumped a massive ditch and made it's escape into the woods.

The way the beast was galloping no dog on God's earth would have stopped it single handed, it would have bulldozed the lot of the fcukers at that rate.

i don't think they should ever straight line a good lurcher.

• Like 1

maybe they have a bigger stride and cover the ground quicker than it looks like :hmm::laugh:

• Like 1

It's alright saying it, these dogs were capable Deer dogs and had already caught that night, I mean day..... Edited by DogMan85
  • Like 1

maybe they have a bigger stride and cover the ground quicker than it looks like :hmm::laugh:

That's exactly how it was, it was like watching Frankel down the final furlong and the way it cleared the ditch was a sight to behold.

• Like 1