Sign in to follow this  
THE STALKER

Two Roe Bucks This Evening

I went out with a mate tonight to try and thin a few Roe Out as the Farmer on 3 Farms are saying there are to many Deer about, 2 of the Farmers have both said they have never seen so many Deer around since they have been Farming.Well last week i had 2 Bucks with Scraggoak and tonight i took my mate out who is quite new to stalking but as i havent got my guns back he is going to help me out,the first field we went into we came across a Buck laying down at 200 plus yards we slowly walked towards him and he stood up my mate took aim and it dropped on the spot from over 160 yards, after he nearly shook my arm off we Gralloched the Buck and moved to the next Farm up the road.On the way to the Farm we saw 9 more Roe all Does then as we walked across the second Field there were 2 more Does and a Buck, again my mate took aim and from 120 yards we had our second Buck.He was really chuffed as he is really getting into his stalking now and doing well it is also helping me out keeping the Deer population down and keep Mister Farmer happy.

XjxX2Vu.jpg

lquKMVf.jpg

• Like 1

Good to see you can still get enjoyment out of other people shooting Owen,I too get as much out of it if I can put someone on a Deer or a Fox for that matter.

Martin

• Like 2

Good to see you can still get enjoyment out of other people shooting Owen,I too get as much out of it if I can put someone on a Deer or a Fox for that matter.

Martin

It is good to get out Martin and teach other people but nothing like being able to pick up your own Rifle and going when you need to go, my mate cant always go when i have a call out but i am doing the best i can at the moment to keep my Farmers happy.

Martin

good to you posting again mate

The first one looks pretty poor especially around the back end or is it just the picture?

Its the picture timmy as the first Buck was 41lbs dressed out and the second was 40 lbs.

We were out with the dogs and kicked up 4 roe in a scrap piece of woodland in a wet field it does seem there everywhere just now