First X Whippet Greyhound.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would much rather have a big whippet than a small greyhound, whippets can be great rabbit dogs most have great drive good nose and much tougher than you would think and i reckon a hell of a lot more

Best dog I had was a whippet grey shed fill bags of bunny in the lamp do a couple of morning hare and would get stuck into charlie. Don't see many about these days underrated little dogs imo

i have seen a few ped whippet cross greyhound over the years decent rabbit dogs knock over hares. Exciting dogs to watch .

Posted Images

I had a full greyhound bitch that hand on heart only made 22inches pure rocket she came back after a run panting like mad witch wasn't like her she was the same the whole way home in the car I let her out back in the yard and she dropped dead don't know what happened would she still be alive now I doubt it she was too fast for her own good I'll see if still have pictures of her

Always had intrest in this cross.

The correct greyhound to a solid working type whippit with balls make some action packed dogs.

Always had intrest in this cross.

The correct greyhound to a solid working type whippit with balls make some action packed dogs.

action packed but short lived from what iv seen

Mines turned out good I'm very pleased just had her first season switched on to the lamping now , a lot of prey drive , really good nose and a very loyal dog.

She's not a first cross though both parents were whippet x greyhounds , i've heard people say they are not very intelligent i don't know about other whippet x greyhounds but mines on the ball definitely not thick.

I have 1 here doing great for me very good catch rate very clever to as said on another thread thinking of getting me a greyhound pup to run on and eventually putting him to her for 3/4 breeds

How is yours for injuries mate? I have heard a lot say they are very accident prone suffer with their feet etc. mine has been good so far only had the odd knock nothing major quiet tough to be honest, i suppose they are all different though.

I have 1 here doing great for me very good catch rate very clever to as said on another thread thinking of getting me a greyhound pup to run on and eventually putting him to her for 3/4 breeds

How is yours for injuries mate? I have heard a lot say they are very accident prone suffer with their feet etc. mine has been good so far only had the odd knock nothing major quiet tough to be honest, i suppose they are all different though.
mines ok never had any problems yet though he's still a pup about 12 or 13 month old but hes tough as old boots very sensible controls his speed rather than hit in to everything I'm over the moon with him tbh

mines ok never had any problems yet though he's still a pup about 12 or 13 month old but hes tough as old boots very sensible controls his speed rather than hit in to everything I'm over the moon with him tbh

sounds like mine then this is mines first season as well i think they are a good little cross for the bunnies.

sounds like mine then this is mines first season as well i think they are a good little cross for the bunnies.

I think they learn to use their gears a bit more over time mine was full speed on every slip at first now she controls it like you say , keep us updated on how yours turns out mate over time.

• Like 1

how tall Is yours mate tbh i wouldnt have any other breed now it's like using a bowsaw for tree felling when u can use a chainsaw lol I'm hooked anyway
  • Like 1

how tall Is yours mate tbh i wouldnt have any other breed now it's like using a bowsaw for tree felling when u can use a chainsaw lol I'm hooked anyway

haha I know what you mean mate mine lives in doors the only fault i can say really if you can call it a fault is she was a bit of a nightmare for chewing but that's stopped now,shes spot on walks by your side like your shadow.Work wise I think she is going to turn out good well im hoping anyway , the rabbits around my area are not easy to catch the dogs got to work hard to get them she's doing well I think, learning quickly.Mine is 23 inches to the shoulder how tall is yours?

20170312_163811_zps9p6cvcku.jpg

20170318_174438_zpsbhiui7zi.jpg

• Like 2

If there anything like my whippet stags,lightning fast and highly driven,suicidal when young,I'd try and pick there runs and hold them back a bit till there mentally mature and they settle into a fast.excitng but more careful worker.I'd really like to own one.

• Like 1