Where Have All The Pigeons Gone

Phoned round 5 perms this morning , asking the farmers if there are many pigeons about each farm

They all said the same , very few about Dave , a few corvids and that's about it

Yet this time last year there were hundreds about

Any body else found the same

Looks like I'll be out the weekend for Charlie !

Atb

Plenty round here on the drillings fields were blue today when I was out

I'm loading the truck , got the gun a couple of slabs , better take three , don't want to run out , dogs in , nets poles ff5's decoys ...all I need is your perms post code ...........?

• 5 weeks later...

We are in the pea planting stage in this part of the world David so the pigeons are getting quite active, in fact I just had a call from a shooting mate to say he wants some help on one of his perms this week as the woodies are hitting it.

A couple of weeks ago whilst shooting crows, I had a number of pigeons pop in for a look what was going on, something for the pot but the wind was blowing a hooley and my god the speed they were going made it VERY tricky to hit the buggers, I just saved the cartridges as my hide was tucked into the high hedge to keep me well hidden from the crows so I didn't really make things easy for myself, got plenty of crows though.

Phil

• Like 1

Sounds like youll have some good shooting in the near future philpot, weve had some good shooting on our peas(86, 51, 42 & 55) since last time I posted but now they have cleared all the peas off the top they dont seem to be that interested in the 3" shoots.