Thinking Of Selling A Couple Off?

I'm just testing the water and see what thoughts are. I'm thinking of selling my FX Wildcat .22 and my newly modified and fully serviced Logun S16 (pump action). Both are faultless and extremely accurate, however I'm thinking about a change.

I'm loving my Rapids and thinking about a MK2 in .22 or .177 or the new BSA R10 Super Carbine. I'm just wondering what people thought about the guns I'm thinking about, I've had an R10 MK2 but the new SE looks and sounds better. Also what sort of price should I be looking at for my two rifles, I've just spent a £180 getting the Logun sorted by the Logunator (Mick) and it's now spot on.

I'm just testing the water and see what thoughts are. I'm thinking of selling my FX Wildcat .22 and my newly modified and fully serviced Logun S16 (pump action). Both are faultless and extremely accurate, however I'm thinking about a change.

I'm loving my Rapids and thinking about a MK2 in .22 or .177 or the new BSA R10 Super Carbine. I'm just wondering what people thought about the guns I'm thinking about, I've had an R10 MK2 but the new SE looks and sounds better. Also what sort of price should I be looking at for my two rifles, I've just spent a £180 getting the Logun sorted by the Logunator (Mick) and it's now spot on.

Your Rifles and also Your money and choice. If they are just sitting doing nothing or they no longer come to your shoulder with confidence or pleasure and joy then. Well

Good luck with your decision RSVNelly. in the words of The Clash. Should I stay or should I go.

All the very best to you and yours

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Your choice but they wont eat a piece they can sit there till your current favorite falls out of fashion , me i dont know if im tight or what ive a AAs300 thats a work dog and often take a springer as back up if im travelling a few miles

i often think maybe its a good idea if some folk had a clear out as how are they going to explain the amount of same calibre air rifles they have if that scottish law that you need a licence comes in and i honestly believe its when no if

• Like 2

I can't tell you about the Logun but the wildcat is worth £700-800 and most are nearer to £800. The Wildcat is right up there Nelly, why would you want to swap it for an R10. The R10 regs are not highly rated and many people exchange them for an XTX unit, heavier than the Wildcat, pretty I grant you but I wouldn't swap.

If you really want to get rid of the guns, go for Rapid and when you get fed up of that, there will always be someone who will want to buy it.

I also agree with 'The One's' comments and is one of the reasons why I have got an FAC ticket even if it doesn't happen for years if at all, I am prepared.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comments fellas, I don't know what it is with the FX whether I've just fallen out of with it or what. The Logun was an impulse buy, it's shooting great but if I'm honest it's not going to get used by me. I think some of it is probably because I struck out four times in a row last weekend and I've just lost confidence in the FX, not to sure. I know it's not the gun it's the user and the fact that the scope wasn't zeroed but it's just a nagging feeling :cray::cray::cray:

I've even been looking at the Verminator, I'm in a quandary lol

RIGHT YOU TWAT

FOR FECK SAKE

KEEP THE FX AND THATS FROM SOME ONE THAT DOSE NOT LIKE THEM

YOU STUCK OUT BECAUSE YOU FECKED ON TO MUCH WITH THE NV

WHY BOTHER USING THE NV IN DAY LIGHT I CANT SEE THE POINT IN THAT IF YOU HAD JUST PUT A NORMAL SCOPE ON YOU WOULD OF HAD THAT RABBIT

THE FX IS A GOOD RIFLE THE BEST YOU HAVE EVEN OVER THE RAPIDS .

YES SELL THE LOGUN DONT LIKE THEM ETHER THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY YOU WILL NOT LIKE THE NEXT ONE YOU GET EVEN IF IT IS A RAPID EVERY RIFLE IS DIFFERENT EVEN IF IT IS THE SAME MODEL AND MAKE

AND BEFORE YOU SAY OUT YES IV GOT A LOT OF RIFLES BUT I CAN SHOOT THEM ALL (EVEN IF I MISS A LOT LOL)

YOU NEED YOUR FIRST KILL ELMER

THEN YOUR CONFIDENCE WILL SORE WAY UP

AND YOU WILL BE ON YOUR WAY

IM GOING TO THE FARM SOME TIME THIS WEEK MATE AND IM NOT TAKING A RIFLE IM GOING TO SPOT THEM FOR YOU

EVEN IF IV GOT TO LAY IN WAIT FOR THEM FOR YOU

ONE CONDITION NO FECKING NV

WE ARE GOING TO HIT THE CROWS TO

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I not so sure about the Verminator Nelly, they have some really good reviews but they are not to everyone's taste. I have had a shoot with one and to be very honest it just did not feel nice in the shoulder, the weight is bit weird as well.

Jimmy is 100% right regarding the need for a first kill. It is not the guns mate, it is your confidence as you have not quite managed to walk off the perm with a trophy in your hand and that is totally understandable. If you can get on to some ratting, you will suddenly find merit in the guns you have and apart from great sport, you normally get multiple chances so the enjoyment and confidence will shoot through the roof.

It is a pity you are so far away, I could pop you down to my rat perm so you can lose that virginity mate.

Don't jump into selling them at least not the Wildcat. I made a mistake selling my .22 as I think they make better ratting guns although my .177 is bloody good and I needed to find the dosh for the Impact beast.

Phil

Edited by philpot

If you know your not going to use a particular bit of kit then sell it, so get rid of the Logun, seems you love/loved the FX so keep that and regain your confidence in it if that's whats caused your hiccup with it, those ATN NV kits seem hit or miss whether people get on with them so shelve that until you regained your confidence with the business end of the setup and maybe even try a add on unit to your day scope ?

Must be someone close enough who have built there own add on NV for you to look at, you'd be very welcome to look at mine if you ever get down here to sunny Cornwall and the bits for it are very affordable and easy to put together ( can also camo it as a finishing touch ).

Keep the gun you love sell the other !

• Like 2

If you know your not going to use a particular bit of kit then sell it, so get rid of the Logun, seems you love/loved the FX so keep that and regain your confidence in it if that's whats caused your hiccup with it, those ATN NV kits seem hit or miss whether people get on with them so shelve that until you regained your confidence with the business end of the setup and maybe even try a add on unit to your day scope ?

Must be someone close enough who have built there own add on NV for you to look at, you'd be very welcome to look at mine if you ever get down here to sunny Cornwall and the bits for it are very affordable and easy to put together ( can also camo it as a finishing touch ).

Keep the gun you love sell the other !

Sound thinking Paul, ask to borrow Sean's Nite Site as an alternative, I use mine all the time on the rat perm, bloody brilliant (Mitch won't agree).

Phil

• Like 1