3/4 Collie 1/4 Deerhound

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my mate had a full deerhound dog,with the pressure of work and growing children he parted the dog to a bloke and ,the dog was just over 12 months,Ive since hear the dog is slaughtering fox in seconds,

The only way to mix Collie and Deerhound to produce workers,is to add Greyhound to the mix,otherwise its a gamble to far.The Deerhound,Grey-Collie{Border}-Grey was once recognised as possibly 1 of the

I've a 3/4 cur & I'd bet it's got as much drive if not more than 90% of ALL lurchers in this land ..It will be the shite Deerhound blood that would ruin the cross,they are no good for fuckall and

Too much collie for me,mideally id wamt summat way a bit a drive in there, i know some collies are real driven, but id feel much better with good dose a grey, or even a bit bull or terrier blood, but thats just me

:thumbs: same here 1/4 collie plenty , i like drop of bull or gsd in the mix , both will give load of drive :yes:

Would be a fast sheep dog :-) Dont like collie x's much, rather use Kelpie if ya need hearding dog in the mix, much better in many ways than a collie jmo

One thing I've found will collies and kelpies in there pure form is that kelpies win hands down for drive over a collie. The work ethic in my kelpies and the ones I have seen is unreal, if they haven't got something to do they will find something to do.

• Like 1

Would be a fast sheep dog :-) Dont like collie x's much, rather use Kelpie if ya need hearding dog in the mix, much better in many ways than a collie jmo

you could be right mate, ive had and still got a 1x collie x grey, and i did have colliex kelpie x grey bitch , ok it prob only about 1/4 on paper in her , but good god she was alot different to any straight collie x grey i ever had. she was very full on tackle anything on 4 legs , and her temp was very sharp with people and dogs, she had to be on a lead if there were strange dogs about, deff different temp to a straight colle x grey or x whippet . yes if wanted herding type x it be kelpie or a acd x they dont seem as over sensitive as colliexs can be .

I've a 3/4 cur & I'd bet it's got as much drive if not more than 90% of ALL lurchers in this land ..It will be the shite Deerhound blood that would ruin the cross,they are no good for fuckall and that's a fact!! Whatever ANY Deerhound in this country can do I've dogs that are a hundred times better & that's a fact too,c**ts are shite & that's being nice ✌

• Like 3

I've a 3/4 cur & I'd bet it's got as much drive if not more than 90% of ALL lurchers in this land ..It will be the shite Deerhound blood that would ruin the cross,they are no good for fuckall and that's a fact!! Whatever ANY Deerhound in this country can do I've dogs that are a hundred times better & that's a fact too,c**ts are shite & that's being nice ✌

yeah but a deerhound wouldn't be seen dead in the countrymans weekly. :whistling:

Deerhound x greys (staghound) in this country are killer you Fd up a great breed over there, kept to many lap dogs. Shame

• Like 2

Deerhound x greys (staghound) in this country are killer you Fd up a great breed over there, Shame

some are still very good killers over here to.i think fuji is being extremely harsh there.