Sign in to follow this  
Lukey12

Rother Valley

2 minutes ago, dillydog said:

It works for me MG,  i  don't want my youngsters wound up or intimidated,  all I do is walk them over a few well run places and once they start to mark it's up to me to find the right sort of place to give them a fair crack of the whip

what is there to wind them  up or intimidate them if all your other dogs have been entered calm cool and well mannered .. same as the other lads that's posted if your dogs have been entered as you say a young dog pegged out shouldn't have any issues  ?

Any other dog on the bank might dominate a pup, the whole experience might overwhelm them, why take the risk when I don't make mistakes the way I do it 

I keep all of my terriers together,  always under supervision but I can keep the lot out all day without issue. 

Calm and settled, no idiots tied up waiting their turn, you crack on and do it your way,  I'm happy with what I've got and the way I go about it. 

20120617_184808.jpg

• Like 10

Dillydog, What are your thoughts about showing a youngster (at the right age) a stop end? 

30 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I keep all of my terriers together,  always under supervision but I can keep the lot out all day without issue. 

Calm and settled, no idiots tied up waiting their turn, you crack on and do it your way,  I'm happy with what I've got and the way I go about it. 

20120617_184808.jpg

I will mate cheers been at it a long time ---- and I don't have idiots tied up waiting their turn either .. just saying for me pegging a young dog out on a dig is part of its training ..

18 minutes ago, Stormer said:

Dillydog, What are your thoughts about showing a youngster (at the right age) a stop end? 

Theres never a right age for a block end, things have moved on fom that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Theres never a right age for a block end, things have moved on fom that

You're right, not the place, forget i asked.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stormer said:

If they're at the right age and been brought on properly and got anything about them they shouldnt need it.

• Like 2

I try to stay out of the drama on this site but I can't stand it anymore.What FD said should be gold engraved and hung over your supper table. The only culls I've whelped were raised by idiots with pups pegged out and constantly talking to them.It will lead to false marks also.So in conclusion we all need to hush and let the dogs talk to us.

27 minutes ago, Apache... said:

If there bred right and brought up right, I expect them to go first time out.

Really?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I try to stay out of the drama on this site but I can't stand it anymore.What FD said should be gold engraved and hung over your supper table. The only culls I've whelped were raised by idiots with pups pegged out and constantly talking to them.It will lead to false marks also.So in conclusion we all need to hush and let the dogs talk to us.

More cock

Mixed girl 

Can we have your version of type of entering you expect and some description of schooling please 

All I see from you is childish comments that sort of says your way out your depth in discussion about terriers 

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Mixed girl 

Can we have your version of type of entering you expect and some description of schooling please 

All I see from you is childish comments that sort of says your way out your depth in discussion about terriers 

You know I'm right