Field Sports Britain Cleaning Up After The Lurcher Boys

Bit of a crap analogy really, personally I don't see why they even need to mention "codes of conduct"........one line of "we don't condone any criminal conduct" is enough if they really feel the need to bring it up.

CA and BASC are masters at all that "not us guv " crap......let's slag off someone else to make us look better.

I always get the feeling of if I don't do it like you say then I'm not welcome.

If I was a member of one of these things I wouldn't give a flying f**k what you did or did not approve of me doing, I'd much prefer to know what you were saying and doing to decriminalise people who carry out an interest that has been conducted for thousands of years and has recently been made an offence turning thousands of formerly innocent people into criminals.

That's why I would pay the subs, I would not pay them for you to tell me how to crack on.

Imho all these clubs are so wide of the mark with things like that it's one of the main reasons they have totally failed.

How would you run a club then WILF what would you do.

Well for starters I wouldn't be getting cosy with wild life crime units and all that old bollocks, I'd make it publically known I wanted nothing to do with them because as an organisation we don't beleive what we are doing IS or SHOULD a criminal activity.

Why cosy up with people enforcing a law that you beleive to unfair and unjust?.......licking their arse makes no sense to me.

Secondly, I wouldn't spend hundreds of thousands sending people who already have lurchers literature about how good lurcher work is..........I'd be spending that money yelling people WHO DONT have lurchers about it.

3 rd I'd be digging up shit right, left and centre on everyone involved with bringing about, enforcing and promoting the ban and splashing it over as many media outlets as possible.......I'd fight as dirty as them and a whole lot dirtier if possible.

I'd demonise every c**t involved.

That would be a start dont you think?

• Like 14

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for starters I wouldn't be getting cosy with wild life crime units and all that old bollocks, I'd make it publically known I wanted nothing to do with them because as an organisation we don't bel

Bit of a crap analogy really, personally I don't see why they even need to mention "codes of conduct"........one line of "we don't condone any criminal conduct" is enough if they really feel the need

I'm completely flabbergasted by some of the posts on here   Why are people even bothered?   We are not needed , required or liked by any authoritiive body   We're so easily vilified it's comi

I'm not sure of what aspect or what degree people were into hunting at at the time of the ban but I remember well the lad be studio debate prior to the bill being passed at parliament

But I tell you what, lurcher work got about twenty secs , the clip was a coursing greyhound meet and Geoff Ogden spoke about ten words, not his fault but it was loaded that way

That was the entire exposure of lurcher work

The next morning on BBC breakfast news it showed two rifle men out showing hunting alternatives

They legged one and kicked it death in front of the reporter

You read that right there

I genuinely hold no hope whatsoever of a repeal

It's never really affected me or my friends in our locales

Just a final word , there was an attempt by the c a to meet half way with the bill prior to its reading where at all informal hunting and terrier work would be banned and the packs and terriermen would be licensed

This fifth columnist attitude should never be forgotten, there was also a smug righteousness from the ca of "we'll never get banned, it will never be passed by the lords"

There was bollocks talk of hunting as a social economic right and as a religion (the church of st. Hubert) and after that.....nothing

Just shock and the lack of reaction from Janet George and the hierarchy, terrible really that there was no contingency plan

The ban was bought, think for a trifling amount of 2 or 3 million donation from the LACS to the Labour Party in their election campaign

The reality is that if every hunter, lurcher man, pack follower, terrierman had chucked a fiver into skips At the marches monitored by professionals , we wouldn't have had a thing to worry about

• Like 4

Wilf the whole idea of getting the show people on board is a step to expanding the interest and knowledge beyond the working lurcher folk, got to start somewhere, and getting email address is how wars are won these days. When you fight the anti’s you need to use their tactics and tools and emailing a newsletter etc is part of that, many show people are less reticent than the average working type, especially the younger generation.

If you want an example look at the Spanish fighting to save their coursing, all Galgos have to be registered with the coursing club to them to enter any show of any worth and so they get access to thousands of non-hunting people. It’s about getting a foot in the door.

• Like 3

Fair comment mate, I just think it's all been tried, it's all old hat so let's have a look at how the people that won went to work.

As far as I know, LACS, RSPCA etc etc don't hold shows and you do t have to be registered with them to do a damn thing animal related........they shout louder than anyone else from what I can see if it.

Imho the CA etc took a set of boxing gloves to a gun fight and got their arse handed to them on a plate.

• Like 6

As an aside, you never see LACS or the RSPCA condemning hunt Sabs who are out weekly getting up to criminal activity in full view of everyone and yet we feel the need to condemn boys who are doing likewise with their dogs?

• Like 3

You only need to look at the ban hunting with dogs , on face book, some folk are handing them loaded ammo , what is posted ( including photos ) here, will be used there, like wise face book again used there, even Tim Bonner is copping for a hammering .

So if is see some thing that some one here has posted on their page, shall i be looking to blame them or the OP ?

• Like 3

Wilf the whole idea of getting the show people on board is a step to expanding the interest and knowledge beyond the working lurcher folk, got to start somewhere, and getting email address is how wars are won these days. When you fight the anti’s you need to use their tactics and tools and emailing a newsletter etc is part of that, many show people are less reticent than the average working type, especially the younger generation.[/size]

If you want an example look at the Spanish fighting to save their coursing, all Galgos have to be registered with the coursing club to them to enter any show of any worth and so they get access to thousands of non-hunting people. It’s about getting a foot in the door. [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Unusual that mate, I always thought the reason galagos had to be registered was that kennel situated in rural Spain were literally abandoned during the close season and the dogs were left to fend for themselves...as in a registry to source the owners / trainers. Can't see many U.K. Lurcher men being keen to log address details and what they keep there for a variety of reasons

Most people on the street have no idea what a lurcher is, which in my eyes is not a bad thing

• Like 1

Right Flynn, your a sensible type

Do you truly believe that a young lad sticking up a photo of him and his terrier or bull cross on his Facebook or what's app is more readily available than any image in a darcy book or on this site?

Edited to add the below ,

Look at some of the shooting sites on Facebook, foxes skated out, up close photos of bulletproof holes , yet these guys aren't vilified?

At London Edinburgh etc on the marches, it was like a jolly boys outing for the tweed set , hymn sheets handed out , organised chanting

We should have and wrecked the place

We should have shot hares and foxes to death afterwards , cleaned places out,

We had a fantastic opportunity during the badger cull to have dug a pig out, crated it moved and released and stick it on you tube saying "here , there you go, that's what we can do"

Instead of defra rifleman cutting about achieving the square root of f**k all

Where were the c a then?

Asking farmers opinions on t b?

Worrying about hen harriers in Langholm?

Or were twenty trustafarians in balaclavas at the qourn more important if their time?

That in a nutshell, is why lurcher owners are generally scathing of organisations and couldn't give a toss about the ban or a repeal

• Like 3

The LACS and RSPCA dont hold shows as such in their own right but you can guarantee 100% the have a presence or representation at every show, Greyhound Track Horse race track, Livestock auction even in Shopping Malls on a Saturday with masses of glossy literature and blown up photographs showing any negativity that can be blamed on hunting or country sports enthusiasts. The majority of the uninitiated public are susceptable to shock and awe tactics and the afore mentioned are past masters of sensational media publicity and delight is showing even minor children gruesome photographs of injured and dismembered animals that they attribute to the barbarian supporters of hunting activities. Actual proof does not enter into the equation just to suggest a possible link is enough of a catalyst to spark the tinder and ecourage the flames . Even the Heading of this topic" FIELD SPORTS BRITAIN CLEANING UP AFTER THE LURCHER BOYS " Is in itself purely devisive trying to drive an even bigger wedge between the different factions of country sports. With a very small minority of scumbags bringing the whole of working dogs enthusiasts into a kitchery of the regularly published description of the Marauding Hordes, it is a well ochestrated plan which even encompasses some of those claiming to represent all Country sporting activities. Thousands of sighthound, long dog /Lurcher workers do so week in week out in self imposed seasons whilst observing the expected codes of practice , yes some folk because of forces beyond their control are forced to operate outside the legislation and thus illegally if they want to continue their passions. but I will point out without ALL working dog folk legal or illegal the coffin lid on the casket holding Country sports remains would have been nailed firmly down and even the casket would have been cremated during the past 12 years. Before you engage in a conflict first know and understand your opponents even those in your own groups stratagise and plan and fight with every tool and weapon in the arsenal all is fair in love and war and the Lacs Antis and RSPCA clearly demonstrate that nothing is sacrosanct and the dirtier the skirmishes the better as wars are won well away fronm the main battlegrounds. Its survival of the fittest or at least the most aware and the most Media savvy not the most vocal

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

Wilf the whole idea of getting the show people on board is a step to expanding the interest and knowledge beyond the working lurcher folk, got to start somewhere, and getting email address is how wars are won these days. When you fight the anti’s you need to use their tactics and tools and emailing a newsletter etc is part of that, many show people are less reticent than the average working type, especially the younger generation.[/size]

If you want an example look at the Spanish fighting to save their coursing, all Galgos have to be registered with the coursing club to them to enter any show of any worth and so they get access to thousands of non-hunting people. It’s about getting a foot in the door. [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Unusual that mate, I always thought the reason galagos had to be registered was that kennel situated in rural Spain were literally abandoned during the close season and the dogs were left to fend for themselves...as in a registry to source the owners / trainers. Can't see many U.K. Lurcher men being keen to log address details and what they keep there for a variety of reasons

Most people on the street have no idea what a lurcher is, which in my eyes is not a bad thing

Some bad owners in Spain but the antis use the few to tar all this is why the federation work to undo the propaganda, news paper stories etc are looked at, and is so often the case, the truth isn't what the antis would have the public believe so the club can refute the claims. Its the same as over here a small number of vocal and commuter literate antis making a big noise. the AWL needs to be bigger in numbers and take the fight to them. they need to be the go to people for journalist when a story is being researched and when they don't the association needs to be complaining of lack of balance but to get there they need to become a real voice of lurchers.

By registering they bring all the show people and anyone who does a little coursing who hopes one day to have a dog good enough to get into a proper coursing meeting, under the umbrella of the federation. even if one in a hundred become active the voice will get stronger.

• Like 1

Right Flynn, your a sensible type

Do you truly believe that a young lad sticking up a photo of him and his terrier or bull cross on his Facebook or what's app is more readily available than any image in a darcy book or on this site?

Edited to add the below ,

Look at some of the shooting sites on Facebook, foxes skated out, up close photos of bulletproof holes , yet these guys aren't vilified?

At London Edinburgh etc on the marches, it was like a jolly boys outing for the tweed set , hymn sheets handed out , organised chanting

We should have and wrecked the place

We should have shot hares and foxes to death afterwards , cleaned places out,

We had a fantastic opportunity during the badger cull to have dug a pig out, crated it moved and released and stick it on you tube saying "here , there you go, that's what we can do"

Instead of defra rifleman cutting about achieving the square root of f**k all

Where were the c a then?

Asking farmers opinions on t b?

Worrying about hen harriers in Langholm?

Or were twenty trustafarians in balaclavas at the qourn more important if their time?

That in a nutshell, is why lurcher owners are generally scathing of organisations and couldn't give a toss about the ban or a repeal

:thumbs:

• Like 2

You only need to look at the ban hunting with dogs , on face book, some folk are handing them loaded ammo , what is posted ( including photos ) here, will be used there, like wise face book again used there, even Tim Bonner is copping for a hammering .

So if is see some thing that some one here has posted on their page, shall i be looking to blame them or the OP ?

The antis give the organisation loaded ammo every bloody week when they are out sabbing, the RSPCA are slaughtering dogs right, left and centre.......deer are so riddled with diseases at LACS sanctuarys it's unbelievable but no, some kid who has splattered a fox or ditched a couple of deer is the reason the organisation can't get anywhere?........f***ing hell, leave off mate ;) Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Wilf the whole idea of getting the show people on board is a step to expanding the interest and knowledge beyond the working lurcher folk, got to start somewhere, and getting email address is how wars are won these days. When you fight the anti’s you need to use their tactics and tools and emailing a newsletter etc is part of that, many show people are less reticent than the average working type, especially the younger generation.[/size]If you want an example look at the Spanish fighting to save their coursing, all Galgos have to be registered with the coursing club to them to enter any show of any worth and so they get access to thousands of non-hunting people. It’s about getting a foot in the door. [/size] [/size] [/size]

Unusual that mate, I always thought the reason galagos had to be registered was that kennel situated in rural Spain were literally abandoned during the close season and the dogs were left to fend for themselves...as in a registry to source the owners / trainers. Can't see many U.K. Lurcher men being keen to log address details and what they keep there for a variety of reasons Most people on the street have no idea what a lurcher is, which in my eyes is not a bad thing

Yeah they may not know what a lurcher is, but they've def heard of one. 'Is it a lurcher?' (Sympathetic sad face). Is it a Rescue? (More sympathetic sad face with a glint of salaciousness, hoping to hear story of unspeakable peril and cruelty with Ahh lovely happy ending).

• Like 2

Wilf the whole idea of getting the show people on board is a step to expanding the interest and knowledge beyond the working lurcher folk, got to start somewhere, and getting email address is how wars are won these days. When you fight the anti’s you need to use their tactics and tools and emailing a newsletter etc is part of that, many show people are less reticent than the average working type, especially the younger generation.[/size]If you want an example look at the Spanish fighting to save their coursing, all Galgos have to be registered with the coursing club to them to enter any show of any worth and so they get access to thousands of non-hunting people. It’s about getting a foot in the door. [/size] [/size] [/size]

Unusual that mate, I always thought the reason galagos had to be registered was that kennel situated in rural Spain were literally abandoned during the close season and the dogs were left to fend for themselves...as in a registry to source the owners / trainers. Can't see many U.K. Lurcher men being keen to log address details and what they keep there for a variety of reasons Most people on the street have no idea what a lurcher is, which in my eyes is not a bad thing

Yeah they may not know what a lurcher is, but they've def heard of one. 'Is it a lurcher?' (Sympathetic sad face). Is it a Rescue? (More sympathetic sad face with a glint of salaciousness, hoping to hear story of unspeakable peril and cruelty with Ahh lovely happy ending).

Get yourself a Galgo and you'll really see a " glint of salaciousness, hoping to hear story of unspeakable peril and cruelty " in reply i tell a tale of hares and hunters running under glories sunny skies.................... :victory:

Edited by sandymere