Summers Here

christ summers here already ive a black plastic bin i put a black bag in then put all the carcass remains from the ferrets in it before i put the bag in our land fill bin , the sawdust goes in our gardening bin

well yesterday when i pulled out the bag to put in the landfill bin there must of been two inches of maggots in the bottom of the bin so i gave them a dose of bleach and tonite when it got dark i dumped them in a street drain four houses down came back and rinsed out my bin

hope nobody saw me or they will be thinking wtf and if they didnt all go down the drain :laugh::laugh:

im sure im missing out on selling them to fishermen :hmm:

Think I'd have just left them out in an old marg tub for the birds.

Cheers thats the answer i was looking for normally i double bag them to stop them getting out into the council bin and leave my plastic bin open for the birds , but whats to stop them wriggling out the marg tub ?

Depends how big the tub is as to how easily they can wriggle out, but even if they do get out they'll still make tasty snacks for birds, frogs, hedgehogs etc. Each to their own, I'm just saying that personally I wouldn't get hung up about it.

No there a big problem every summer and im trying to be aware of my neighbours and more so no let them know whats happening but a couple of pints of maggots every week im going to be feeding a few birds , i thought about getting one of the garden braiser and burning my sawdust over night with some household rubbish , but the one neighbour i like might moan about the smell ?.

I would imagine it would stink if you try burning it. Once the birds suss out an easy supply of food they'll easily get through a couple of pints of maggots - lots of hungry mouths needing incessant feeding at this time of year.

No there a big problem every summer and im trying to be aware of my neighbours and more so no let them know whats happening but a couple of pints of maggots every week im going to be feeding a few birds , i thought about getting one of the garden braiser and burning my sawdust over night with some household rubbish , but the one neighbour i like might moan about the smell ?.

Try burning it and see, I doubt there would be much smell if its mostly sawdust and not a lot of plastic but let the neighbour know whats up and if there is a smell for them to let you know asap and you will do something else.

Edited by Paulnix

between the ferret hutch and the kennels it fills the council bin its worse now its emptied once a fortnight so it seems im always going to the dump with the house waste that should be going in the bin :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

between the ferret hutch and the kennels it fills the council bin its worse now its emptied once a fortnight so it seems im always going to the dump with the house waste that should be going in the bin :yes:

dinny eat so much then :tongue2:

dinny eat so much then :tongue2:

The ferret and dog crap fill that stupid wee blue bin its the smallest of the four , i usually get away with dumping the house hold waste in a skip at work depending on my shifts or a quick trip to the dump at the bay , im no brave enough to take the dog and ferret scats to the dump even double bagged and with the car windows open it still smells out the car