Procull Trap

Hi,

Is any one using the Procull Trap?

I purchased one recently, put in in a tree, and so far 3 squirrels caught. Very impressed. Although finding it a faff to put a piece of wire at back of trap, in case the squirrel tries to enter this way. Surely the makers could come up with a simple solution?

Each one killed cleanly and quickly.

I think the days are numbered for my old wooden tunnel traps and fenns hate it when I get a foul catch.

Was tempted to eat (or at least try) the squirrel to see what they tasted like, but decided against it , in case somewhere else they may eaten some poison. Would you eat urban squirrel?

Thanks

Gravy

Never used one gravy, Ive two WCS traps which i really cant fault, but it does look a cracking trap. There are so many decent squirrel options now.

Urban squirrel.........ye probably would try it. Then again, id try most things, it was only the year before last we had seagull on the barbie.

Squirrel is a real nice meat, and the chances of it being poisoned are slim.

• Like 1

JD is the man to ask about Procull. Don't see him on here much anymore.

When it comes to eating urban squirrel. If your brave enough to eat McDonald's, a squirrel shouldn't need a second thought.

Edited by EDDIE B
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Never used one gravy, Ive two WCS traps which i really cant fault, but it does look a cracking trap. There are so many decent squirrel options now.

Urban squirrel.........ye probably would try it. Then again, id try most things, it was only the year before last we had seagull on the barbie.

Squirrel is a real nice meat, and the chances of it being poisoned are slim.

Do you use the wcs tube tied onto a tree branch? I have a tube, but have always had it on the ground, and never caught with it yet

I put the procull in a tree and it has now cleanly killed/caught 4 squirrels.

Every time is different but ground/surface as much as anything gravy. Im no expert but those proculls look like they are similar to kanias and want to be placed vertically on a fence/ tree if possible. I think im going to have to buy one, keep me updated on your thoughts please mate.

It is similar to the Kania, What I do like about the procull - it is already in its own cubby so no other guard needs to be put in place.

I have purchased shop bought guards for the kanias and just find the whole process of adding these both puts squirrels off entering, and wastes time with extra set up. The procull is easy to attach on the tree/branch and easier to reset.

• Like 1

Procull is easy for squirrels. I always bend the trigger forward a little bit, just to give it a strike slightly further forward. I've caught dozens of squirrels in these.....foolproof trap really....

Nice to have you back JD, thought you had done a runner on us.

• Like 1