High And Low Points Of The Season

Foxdropper, I never had you down as a grass but at least you are upfront about it, its always lads that rely on a bit of shooting or terrier work that are up to this sort of trick, I think its a frustrated wannabe keeper thing, we have one around here grassed me and a lot of others and I noticed he's amongst your friends these days and seems to like your every post, anyone can give a reg to the police, I have always gone where I liked and so my number has been always been on the "hotlist" but they have to catch you red handed to do anything, everything else is hearsay and gossip from a grass looking to snivel around the shoot or keepers, I can't understand what would make anyone do it just to keep a bit of permission, its not like you're a paid keeper whose livlihood depends on it, is it worth the risk ??? I know some people you would not want to bump into in the dark around here, Karma normally evens things out in the end, WM

As an FAC holder Rob ,I'm obliged to let the old bill know I'm out as am I obliged to inform them a safety issue arose .

Lads with no ticket won't understand that or how fragile the whole thing is.

Responsible dog lads don't wander where ever they like ,at least not here mate and I won't put up with it ,simple .

If this thread makes one lad think twice about running dogs from a motor then its saved them the embarrassment of spending the night in a cell with wife at home worrying .

Been a few on this giving the big one ,they'd do this you deserve that but when it comes to it, very few look for conflict as the tail lights speak for themselves .

Tim,I held class 1 and 2 certificates from the earliest ages possible and I understand the dangers of shooting someone in the dark but I never shot my rifle without a safe backdrop, I have caught lads on my permission loads of times and dealt with it myself, face to face, I would never involve the police as I did it myself for years as a kid, I caught a lad lamping after travelling an hour to my permission, turns out he's a local kid, so who am I to tell him not to come on, you will never stop a local lad as he can come on when he likes and be back home before you ever knew he was there, I get a lot of lads driving the lanes around one estate I do the pest control on and thats just part of country life in the suburbs around here, as I used to say to farmers and coppers when they came out to me," the land belongs to no-one, when we are all dead and buried it will still be there, putting a fence around it does not make it yours", equating country land to a house and property has nothing to do with the argument for me, I have been shot twice poaching of a night by lads with shotguns, luckily at a distance but they did draw blood and it was funny watching them a good while later playing "RAWHIDE" when their stock was all over the roads, its a keepers job to confront poachers,lampers,etc, thats what he gets paid to do, let him take all the risks, I just think giving reg numbers and peoples details is "bad form" and not in keeping with decent folk, some nights round here especially in the 80's it was a race to go lamping before everybody got there first but you wouldn't grass them up, it just made us sharper to search out better places further away, its simply not worth the stress of having to look over your shoulder wondering what "they" will do next, just my opinion, WM

• Like 2

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Low point this season was without doubt loosing my good bitch after a sticky dig that went on a lot longer than it should have,but that's a another story,she put in an 8 hour shift but it took its tol

Had some very enjoyable days in good company with the usual suspects. But the high for me would be two five foot digs one immediately after the other (one of which proved awkward), with my 11 year old

I can't believe what I'm reading. Most of us have land we hunt that we fought hard for. I wouldn't be happy to see lads on it. But it's not my land so apart from tell land owner or farmer he had unwan

Posted Images

Your idea of decent folk and my idea are somewhat different mate .I'm not getting into another argument with you as we've done that dance to death .I've spoken out for what I believe in ,lads can take it or leave it ,matters not an inch to me but what does matter is looking out for my interests and that of the landowners good enough to give me written permission .Poaching in its oldest form is all very romantic but leaving carcasses behind of hares ,deer and rabbits is to me just abusing the countryside for the sake of it .They darnt take any back for fear of getting stopped on the m4 .

• Like 2

F.D being honest. Bad craic fella.

The land owns the land. Not the people who walk upon it.

I know well respected keepers that were poachers many years before they were keeper. And a good poacher.

Makes a a better keeper.

The police are NO No in genral. Come on.

I'm guessing you ain't got a Firearms either .Just say for instance I confront some lads while I'm out with rifle on shoulder .I'm uneasy ,they are uneasy straight away .Only takes one of them to be a smart alex and bang my firearms is history .Something I enjoy as much as the dogs .Any trouble ,even domestic and its gone .I have no problem with the old bill doing their job and would I expect a visit if I strayed for any reason .All this sort it out yourself bollox ,bad form and grass ffs .My fighting days are long gone and even when I was up for it soon realised it never sorted nothing .The south of England ain't used to lawlessness tbh ,I pay my taxes unlike some in the West and North so f**k it ,I'm using my moneys worth .

F.D being honest. Bad craic fella.

The land owns the land. Not the people who walk upon it.

I know well respected keepers that were poachers many years before they were keeper. And a good poacher.

Makes a a better keeper.

The police are NO No in genral. Come on.

I'm guessing you ain't got a Firearms either .Just say for instance I confront some lads while I'm out with rifle on shoulder .I'm uneasy ,they are uneasy straight away .Only takes one of them to be a smart alex and bang my firearms is history .Something I enjoy as much as the dogs .Any trouble ,even domestic and its gone .I have no problem with the old bill doing their job and would I expect a visit if I strayed for any reason .All this sort it out yourself bollox ,bad form and grass ffs .My fighting days are long gone and even when I was up for it soon realised it never sorted nothing .The south of England ain't used to lawlessness tbh ,I pay my taxes unlike some in the West and North so f**k it ,I'm using my moneys worth .[/quote
Edited by Kevj

If the only people who hunted were people with permission you could guarantee that would be 50% less people supporting our fight against the ban maybe even more.its not nice having people on your hard earned permission i know the feeling.id never give details police as i wouldnt want to make a criminal out of somebody and maybe ruin their livelihood.i would put word about i wasnt happy and hopefully it would stop .most 9f not all of us have at some point wondered over our boundaries as the grass always looks greener and there is always that patch of wood that looks as if it would hold .were in this together poacher shooter digging man coursing man .when we start reporing each other its the begining of the end .id put up some signs maybe help build dykes but dont be turnimg like minded lads into criminals i see your point but i think.there are other ways of protecting your land i hope you solve the problem but as said theres always someone whos gonna wonder

Atb faegan

• Like 3

Its not good walking permission and finding Deer carcasses just left laying about and you cannot call them sportsmen in any sense of the word when the ground is rock solid with frost and you see a load of lurcher prints covered in blood where there pads have been ripped by the hard ground really makes you wonder Why

• Like 1

Ripping around lamping in a scooby is pretty costly-I have one myself and I wouldn't put a dog in it or any other lads I know with them lol-we had dogs chored away by travellers in a legacy few yr back-only sort I know who use them fd-what gave you the impression that they were welsh?could they not of been flying back to Bristol? Atb dc

Totally agree with the above luckily i dont get that and if that dod happen im pretty sure the landowners would call the police .thats upto them i just wouldnt be the person doing it

Police do feck all local widlife officer in his brand new pick up never seen mud under his tyres spends more time sitting in a layby asleep

• Like 1