High And Low Points Of The Season

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Low point this season was without doubt loosing my good bitch after a sticky dig that went on a lot longer than it should have,but that's a another story,she put in an 8 hour shift but it took its tol

Had some very enjoyable days in good company with the usual suspects. But the high for me would be two five foot digs one immediately after the other (one of which proved awkward), with my 11 year old

I can't believe what I'm reading. Most of us have land we hunt that we fought hard for. I wouldn't be happy to see lads on it. But it's not my land so apart from tell land owner or farmer he had unwan

Posted Images

High points getting bitch pup going this season and not blanking at all low points finally realising the younger generation of terrer lads will be the death of this sport with the way alot of them conduct themselves out in the field then showing it all on social media disgraceful

Not all of us young lads are the same, granted, there are a large number that are stupid and don't have a clue but there are a few good terrier lads that are young lads. I'm certainly not as experienced as other men but I like to think I conduct myself in the right way and have respect for dogs, land, quarry and other men.

Not a dig at your post, just my take on things.

• Like 8

High points seeing my bitch make the grade and show real potential .low points losing my old dog in the way i did .another low point was missing my mums 50th b day meal as co chise kept me out all night digging 9 foot holes through concrete and telling me he could see someone on the bushes

• Like 2

I've dug with young lads more so has I get older, hate to admit it but faster on the spade all you can do is educate them the best you can, and if they put stupid stuff on fb then they don't come again, but let's be honest older people who should no better have done their share of damage over the years.

• Like 1

The young uns who are doing this typeof social media shit tend to fuk off ater a season but theres a lot of good young lads about i was oneyself only a few years ago it all depends who brings you on in the terrier game as to how you conduct yourself .monkey see monkey do i think the saying is

• Like 3

High points getting bitch pup going this season and not blanking at all low points finally realising the younger generation of terrer lads will be the death of this sport with the way alot of them conduct themselves out in the field then showing it all on social media disgraceful

the younger generation isn't as lucky to be in the golden age of terrier work, maybe that's due to a minority of the older generations actions. Without the younger lads there will be no future for terrierwork, its up to the older generation to show them the correct way and f**k off the messers.
  • Like 3

High point ,dug to a Beddy .

Low point ,bitch couldn't get to a small vixen on keepered ground last weekend .Root city and bitch too big .

Didn't think digging bedlingtons existed must of been listening to the wrong people

• Like 3

High points seeing my bitch make the grade and show real potential .low points losing my old dog in the way i did .another low point was missing my mums 50th b day meal as co chise kept me out all night digging 9 foot holes through concrete and telling me he could see someone on the bushes

haha. Day started well and then it's just that one when you say we'll just try this one to finish on that goes tits up. Your phone was ringing like a prostitute on heat when you should of been home. Ha. I can remember taking that pic that night on old railway of you 3 and 4 figures were in pic but it was too dark to see. Who ever it were was a idle twat for not helping us. Ha
  • Like 1

Whats the main reason you'd give for giving up cos I know it ain't the dogs.

There's a million and one reasons , its not always black and white. From educated stuff that knows the craic to tiny vixens that will squeeze 20ft up a rabbit tube to get away from a dog. If you are saying you get everything, every time. Then you're the first terrier man Ive known to say it.
Educated stuff requires the right dog ,I have that covered and like I said earlier I'm not averse to digging in front the dog if she's keen .20ft on as an example is a bit Ott but granted could happen .Again I'd dig on .

Here in Wiltshire we arnt blessed with many rabbits so generally if a place is kicked out ,there's larger stuff afoot .I know its different in other parts the country as I've been there but I wouldn't use my dogs by choice in a rabbity spot .

I can honestly remember only one other time when we gave it best in green sand,managing to grab the dog as it dug through a wall of backfill .As said I hate losing and hate the dogs to lose more ,combine those two and its a powerful driver.

Iv done some digging down your way this season mate ! If Iv got right part of the country !
yea plenty of digging and critters for running dogs round Chippenham, we always fill our boots..
  • Like 1

You couldn't be any more accurate. Smack on, some people love the limelight...they'll be in the limelight no doubt, for the wrong reasons on BBC news. People like this give the opposition the wrong view on terrierwork

• Like 1

Nevermind youl make the 51st hopefully, my mate had a good 1 with his daughters 16th birthday. Hopefully he will seensure this and tell you about it...

Whats the main reason you'd give for giving up cos I know it ain't the dogs.

There's a million and one reasons , its not always black and white. From educated stuff that knows the craic to tiny vixens that will squeeze 20ft up a rabbit tube to get away from a dog. If you are saying you get everything, every time. Then you're the first terrier man Ive known to say it.
Educated stuff requires the right dog ,I have that covered and like I said earlier I'm not averse to digging in front the dog if she's keen .20ft on as an example is a bit Ott but granted could happen .Again I'd dig on .

Here in Wiltshire we arnt blessed with many rabbits so generally if a place is kicked out ,there's larger stuff afoot .I know its different in other parts the country as I've been there but I wouldn't use my dogs by choice in a rabbity spot .

I can honestly remember only one other time when we gave it best in green sand,managing to grab the dog as it dug through a wall of backfill .As said I hate losing and hate the dogs to lose more ,combine those two and its a powerful driver.

Iv done some digging down your way this season mate ! If Iv got right part of the country !
yea plenty of digging and critters for running dogs round Chippenham, we always fill our boots..
Right part of the country then lol