Variation Approved.

Just got the call today.

17 hmr, 17 hornet and a 223 rem.

Already bought a s/h reloading kit and I'm hoping I can get close to hmr costs with the hornet. If I can I can't see me using anything else. just want bunnies to about 180 yds.

Happy bunnie me.

• Like 4

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the call today.   17 hmr, 17 hornet and a 223 rem.   Already bought a s/h reloading kit and I'm hoping I can get close to hmr costs with the hornet. If I can I can't see me using anything

When you start reloading don't go in search of the holy grail.   Hornet is notoriously easy to load for but as soon as you find a recipe that works for your gun and gives you what you want at 100 y

The friend who's 17 hornet I used is not a home-loader and finds obtaining factory ammunition to be difficult. Fortunately, he doesn't shoot that much and laid in a supply when he first got the rifle,

Posted Images

Nice one.

Just don't turn into a reloading tart like some people on here. (I won't mention names, but you know who you are Del.) :D

I can't see where I've ever posted about home loading? If I remember correctly I had a book on home loading that some scrounging mod begged of me ( Iwon't mention names but you know who you are Walshie ) :D:thumbs:

Nice one.

Just don't turn into a reloading tart like some people on here. (I won't mention names, but you know who you are Del.) :D

I can't see where I've ever posted about home loading? If I remember correctly I had a book on home loading that some scrounging mod begged of me ( Iwon't mention names but you know who you are Walshie ) :D:thumbs:

You haven't got time to post about it because you're always on the poxy phone to me about it! :whistling:

Nice one.

You haven't got time to post about it because you're always on the poxy phone to me about it! :whistling:

Well I need to get my data from somewhere since you ponched my book :thumbs:

Nice one.

Well I need to get my data from somewhere since you ponched my book :thumbs:

Ponched. lol

When you start reloading don't go in search of the holy grail.

Hornet is notoriously easy to load for but as soon as you find a recipe that works for your gun and gives you what you want at 100 yards, stop developing.

I see threads on various forums about people who constantly cock around with different powders, seating depths, bullet weights and bullet styles expecting sub moa (or close) performance to somehow improve... It won't. You can't reload better than human error in the making and shooting side of it.

• Like 2