Ancestry..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mum has done our family tree right back donkeys years, I come from a long line of shit shovellers and shrimpers but that's my great great grandfather in the picture.

Where we was dragged up im scared to know any more than i already know now.......not for me thanks

I subscribe to it, been trying to trace my family tree back for some time. It's very addictive

Screenshot_2016-03-17-22-10-04-1_zpsud9a

My mum has done our family tree right back donkeys years, I come from a long line of shit shovellers and shrimpers but that's my great great grandfather in the picture.

Nice picture :yes:

Thanks for sharing. I always wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with those people when I see a photo like that.

My Nan (Dads mum) is romany gypsy - I'd love to know more about that side of the family but, I understand that it can be notoriously difficult to trace.

• Like 1

Is there a service that do it for you ?if your not very good with computers or research .

Yeah me, Post me £50 Stan and consider it done :thumbs:

You are obviously banking on me coming from a long line of gullible cretins ,

Very kind offer Del .

Is there a service that do it for you ?if your not very good with computers or research .

You are obviously banking on me coming from a long line of gullible cretins ,

Very kind offer Del .

:laugh: Was always worth a poke :laugh:

Amazing photo mate :)

p.s is that....a......PUG?????

p.p.s I have family photos like this as well, the women and men look so much older than they probably are!

I was thinking French bulldogs, there's a darker one on the floor. What would you say the big dogs are? Setters?

p.p.s I have family photos like this as well, the women and men look so much older than they probably are!

I was thinking French bulldogs, there's a darker one on the floor. What would you say the big dogs are? Setters?

I'm out of my league on that kind of stuff though you're probably right about them being bulldogs. I wonder if they still bought dogs purely on breed like we do today or whether they were just what want available locally?

I think these photos are fascinating, there are two grandmothers in the picture but no grandfathers? Makes you wonder all kinds of stuff about how they lived.

Looks like a pug on the lap and French bulldog on the ground to me, they must of had some coin to buy and keep a couple of fancy purebreds back then.

• Like 1

and some binoculars

and some binoculars

and ten nylon nets
  • Like 1

All this 10 generation research is only accurate if momma or grandma wasn't banging the postman and the chances are it happened somewhere back along the line ?. It's like getting a dog off a puppy peddler what way would you like it to be bred I have one that suits.?

All this 10 generation research is only accurate if momma or grandma wasn't banging the postman and the chances are it happened somewhere back along the line ?. It's like getting a dog off a puppy peddler what way would you like it to be bred I have one that suits.?

That's very true, my great grandma was rather promiscuous and when my great grandad was away during the war she had a Canadian "lodger" that may or may not be the father to a few of my grandads younger siblings. My grandad would never tell us but once he had a couple drinks he would open up a bit about it. The older generation talk about today's men and woman being loose but I think they were just as bad lol.