Questions I Asked Countryside Alliance Today.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it   Why don't you fuk off you scruffy ,lurcher owning oik ,we don't want to associate with your type Yours sincerely, Double barrel chinless twat .esq

I hunted these lands as a child and as a Student I then left the Country to follow my chosen career. In the Twighlight years of my life I returned to the UK for one of my Childrens professional stud

Unity has never been a strong point when it comes to hunting with dogs in general,the red coated horse back hunting enthusiasts,the footpack followers of hounds were & never likely are to unite wi

The packs are still running legal we can't even go into a field if the police stop you the police try and say it is hare ground not rabbit ground even if you have permission.

difference is the packs have permission to be on land , what they do their is up to them, but the likes of hare coursers nobody will give permission as its actively fought against and discouraged with threats of fines for hosting hare coursing events by the local police and PACT groups, they don't hassle famers who allow foot packs or mounted packs or threaten them with actively encouraging foot packs or mounted ones

do the police have an anti foxhunting section? they do have an anti hare coursing operation expensive though it is, as far as I know they only turn up at hunts too stop the anti's and huntsmen from clashing in any other way but verbally, to be fair they likely called in by the hunts as there are a lot of dubious sorts hanging around when the anti's turn up, and kids and people with valuable property motors horses equipment turn up to hunt and support the hunt , so it keep the undesirables at bay

thing is rich . The enemy lies within . Land drivers etc . So getting permission to act within the law (as the hunts do)is near on impossible

oh for sure my friend we both know that first hand seen the vid's we get sent daily all year long, you cant legislate for scum like that, nor can the likes of us simply stop because of them either, even when our other enemies capitalise on their poor behaviour, use it against us all, but regardless I'm not begging for scraps of anyone be it government, famers police, courts, I will do what I want to do, when I want too, and accept the consequences as long as I get my say in it at some point lol happy to pay the fines and other associated costs, life too short and theres little enough enjoyment anyhow,

Ive nothing against the AWL in fact I'm all for it, as long as money is well spent and progress is made, and we don't loose anymore than we have , I just don't think what I do is in line with what they aim at, I don't personally think now is the time to pick this fight, countries far to unstable for them to even consider this, maybe more so cos of the idiots,doing what they are, but remember for every bad coursing lad, there is a just as bad lamper, who don't do the right thing either,so its not all one way a wrong un is a wrong un,

walk on with hope in your heart

As it appears the AWL don’t seem to like posting answers on their own topic I’ll ask this here as it is linked to the on-going discussion and topic and spreads the discussion which is what its all about, getting the AWL in discussion/known??

So now you have spoken to your member on the hunting council and asked them what they have been up to for the last two years??

You have discussed this but done nothing yet and feel its too late now??? It would seem that perhaps the AWL don’t appreciate ideas if it means they have to actually do something??? use all your links to start, get local shows to put a class on and local members to take details etc, if you don;t start you'll never get anywhere and its only April for fecks sake, whens the big championship shows.... the autumn!

To reiterate, what have they done so far?? As I said Face book etc is currently full of people off to the shows, many of which will be hunt lurcher/terrier shows, how’s about the council member getting the hunts to agree to a class supporting the AWL at all these shows??? Free advertising for the club and a chance to get people email addresses, (perfect for future campaigns i.e. some twit puts a video on the TV about lurchers that portrays an unfair picture, you email everyone to ask, would you mind taking 5 mins to email them to complain? Add link and maybe a sample complaint letter and bobs your uncle.) Don’t even need to be members just on an email list that can be engaged for support……

As said gottta make it a special class that people want to win, get a final at one of the big shows for all winners, speak to a few big shows and get the best to hold the AWL championship….

Get a trophy for each show and really big it up, don’t need to be expensive better a little odd in fact. Few years back went to the Crewkerne show and they had the most awful stuffed hares head for winner of the working class, bloody awful but different and people wanted to win it for the year. So get people to donate trophies, either cups or odd sporting stuff like that hares head. When we looked at starting a club one of the main points was local clubs affiliated to the main one and each could have come up with a trophy of some sort and set up AWL classes at all local shows handing out leaflets etc. advertising is key if no one knows you exist you might as well not.

If you are really behind your words you desperately need to do something about your abysmal membership figures being so low and so you need to spread the appeal from solely working to those who are more show oriented but will be the easiest to appeal too, below is more on this, I would be happy to supply a prize to the local show if they held a class and I’m sure many other would as well but, and it’s a big but, people need to see some action on your part to get out there and if you’re not willing or able to do so to step away.

There’s also, getting dogs registered with the AWL, basically enter a class and if the judge recons the dog is well kept and healthy it gets the AWL approval, don’t need to win anything just gets registered, name, owners name and email get registered with the AWL . incentive of it can then be entered into online show and or a class in a local end of summer show just for those who are registered.…… big shows can have a class solely for AWL registered dogs, work towards getting all dogs and owners registered, would be thousands…….. plus you can then say you are actively promoting good lurcher ownership and husbandry.

Step membership,

1st, class entry £1 allows you show that dog that day and opportunity to register dog with the AWL. They receive regular email newsletters, updates on campaigns, links to approved retailer/deals etc.

2nd £5 gives entry to all AWL classes for the year and to register up to 5 dogs. Also receive regular email newsletters, updates on campaigns, links to approved retailer/deals etc.

3rd £10 associate membership gives lifelong show entry and dog registration, no voting rights. Also receive regular email newsletters, updates on campaigns, links to approved retailer/deals etc.

Tick box on registration form re passing on info etc of course, the value of this data, for campaigns and financial, would be astronomic plus all the associate member although having no voting right would still be counted as member giving weight to any action you carry out.

So the AWL have had a few days to think on this so perhaps they can gives us some thoughts???

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1

Brilliant idea Sandy , You know the drill, put Your self forward for the position in charge of the above . lets say Events coordinator , It will be decided on by the members at the AGM :thumbs:

LOL I and the others did "step forward" a couple of years ago with this and other ideas but weren't "needed" and the AWL didn't wish to discuss or meet with us so now i'm shooting from the sidelines :thumbs: .

I've shown you a way to get lots of people involved, a way forward that can be self funding in the short term, a database and an email, and even very profitable in the longer term if managed well. Starting small, with members contacting their own local shows to get a class added, even getting a few hundred names this year is a good start and certainly doesn't need an AGM to get started.

You must be able to come up with a basic news letter that can be emailed out, put on forums like this and Facebook pages, quarterly would do it. basic stuff, who you are, what your doing, campaigns and most importantly a little sales pitch about working lurchers, next issue perhaps bit about racing/lure coursing, then showing, then ownership/health then back to working. Keep it succinct so copies can be printed off by local members and handed out a shows fair etc. Publicity, Publicity and more Publicity! :toast:

• Like 4

Brilliant idea Sandy , You know the drill, put Your self forward for the position in charge of the above . lets say Events coordinator , It will be decided on by the members at the AGM :thumbs:

LOL I and the others did "step forward" a couple of years ago with this and other ideas but weren't "needed" and the AWL didn't wish to discuss or meet with us so now i'm shooting from the sidelines :thumbs: .

I've shown you a way to get lots of people involved, a way forward that can be self funding in the short term, a database and an email, and even very profitable in the longer term if managed well. Starting small, with members contacting their own local shows to get a class added, even getting a few hundred names this year is a good start and certainly doesn't need an AGM to get started.

You must be able to come up with a basic news letter that can be emailed out, put on forums like this and Facebook pages, quarterly would do it. basic stuff, who you are, what your doing, campaigns and most importantly a little sales pitch about working lurchers, next issue perhaps bit about racing/lure coursing, then showing, then ownership/health then back to working. Keep it succinct so copies can be printed off by local members and handed out a shows fair etc. Publicity, Publicity and more Publicity! :toast:

Well put Sandy.

Flynn as you well know a few of us got together and began something. No sooner was that known about, the AWL suddenly surface and start going at it. I actually walked away because the crap you clowns were creating publicly was going to get me strife with my job.

I wouldn't trust AWL to do anything of any use, you just don't understand the modern world! What Sandy has proposed is exactly what should have been happening already and I hazard would have been, should we had not been blocked by the ego ;)

• Like 3

I would also consider (can't stop myself sticking my oar in... sorry) sponsoring the odd class at small local dog shows.

Some (lots of?) charities and organisations may not be very 'hunter' friendly so you'd have to circumspect and stalwart enough to accept a few knockbacks.

E.g. 'Best Oldie, sponsored by Jess the Working Lurcher'.

Or offer to do an obedience display. Lots of people with pet lurchers are desperate for advice and help on training and many have never seen one being calm, off lead, and tuned into its owner.

I don't look on the terrier section very often but there was a recent thread about a working assoc spending time and effort rescuing s pet. Dunno if they got the recognition they deserved but they will have gained a few friends among the pet world.

Think of it as a hearts and minds exercise. Or just do it because it's a nice thing to do.

• Like 2

Anyone who has taken the time to comment on this thread is obviously passionate about hunting with Lurchers. There has been some great ideas raised here but the one thing missing is unity. Surely it would be a good time to stop the bullshit and all pull together. A lot of comments have been made about The Fox Hunting community and how they are treated differently to the people who work Lurchers. One reason iIMO is because they all sing off the same hymn sheet. Its not about egos or proving a point it's about trying to repeal this shitty ban. Wether it's called the LAGB or the AwL does it really matter.

• Like 1

The majority of people who dont post or participate in the discussions are disalusioned and consider that it would be wasted effort to put forward their ideas as past experiences have proved. In order to regenerate new waves of imterest and attract the younger generations into the fold is to take their ideas and concerns and problems on board listen to them and formulate policies that address the needs and concernsof all country sports participants. Times have changed Media such as facebook , whats App etc are part of the world we now live in and has to be utalised in a positive way, the criticising of a few minority folks posts of stuff they do goes to the heart of the problem it does the Lacs work for them.The word Unity is thrown around you have to have a common cause and a desire to achieve an end product, in order to Unify and motivate The ways to achieve this Unity are falling down virtually at every obstacle. The C/A and COHA seem on the scrutiny of past efforts to be the least interested in the plight of the independant dog workers and policies are always slanted towards certain areas of Country activity that is fact and until the new broom and drastic cutting out old dead wood are carried out it will be virtually impossible to motivate and unify the disallusioned and convince them to play an active role. Some folk especially younger generations never experienced things like unions or the old pre ban clubs. Over the last so many generations individualism has been actively encouraged for good or bad that is where we are at, so out of the box thoughts and actions now need to be cultivated and embraced.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

if you build it, they will come. Right now those on the outside don't know what the AWL has built, if anything, other than the old ALC. Despite the cynicism of some, there is a desire for a wide based "lurcherwork" support, the questions and accusations appear to be born out that frustration.