Sent To Me By Craggers Off Here Today By Pm

From a copyright point of view

Unless agreed at sign up to THL, the original poster will retain the copyright on anything that they have written

In terms of words; infringement would be taking a 'substantial' part of the text. This is often determined by a number of characters reprinted, but not always

In terms of recourse; the law states you can reclaim what you have lost, or what you value that content at. In practicality (until the infringer publishing) you would usually need to issue an infringement warning beforehand, like foxdropper has doneif anyone wants to know a little about copyright law then ask here or pm me. I've previously given advice to a couple of members regarding stolen photos appearing in print but why chose not to persue at that time

Hi,.I would be keen to learn a wee bit more regarding the penalties for using another man's photographs,..the legalities, etc....

Many thanks, Phil. :thumbs:

Has someone used your pictures for commercial gain?

In which case, you can literally send them an invoice and go the small claims court route if they don't pay

Under the Berne Convention, copyright is automatically held at the time of creation of an original artwork

Be careful how much you bill someone for though, as you may have to prove how you value a picture so high.

A good place to start is whatever Getty Images charge for use of their protected artwork - if it's a hunting scene then you can always add a percentage because of the legal controversy and potential associated hardships you endured to get the picture or to have the picture in the public domain

If the publisher in question disputes the amount then you can point out that your permission wasn't granted before the picture was used

How much dose Getty images charge for use of ther protected artwork

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His virginity. I know, it's shocking.

Don't know any of the characters involved,..but as an amatuer scribe myself,.albeit not very prolific,...I do know that if you enlist the help of a fellow hunting man,..whether it be for his story, hi

Posted Images

60 years experience in the field ,an author and fiction writer .A hater of the way his culture is changing and a public deplorer of riflemen whilst doing his best to kill everything he comes across ,a hypocrite .

• Like 1

So who is Craggers?

Someone who uses this site but dare not write anything for fear of ridicule .A well known author and writer of hunting fiction .
I think everyone thinks you're talking about JB? But could it be SF?
Does Frain use the site ?

So who is Craggers?

Someone who uses this site but dare not write anything for fear of ridicule .A well known author and writer of hunting fiction .
Does Frain use the site ?
I was guessing. JB then? Edited by Rabbit Hunter

So who is Craggers?

That's what I was thinking with the fiction bit. Either that or its Derek acorah writing on behalf of dbp
  • Like 5

Unless agreed at sign up to THL, the original poster will retain the copyright on anything that they have written

In terms of words; infringement would be taking a 'substantial' part of the text. This is often determined by a number of characters reprinted, but not always

In terms of recourse; the law states you can reclaim what you have lost, or what you value that content at. In practicality (until the infringer publishing) you would usually need to issue an infringement warning beforehand, like foxdropper has doneif anyone wants to know a little about copyright law then ask here or pm me. I've previously given advice to a couple of members regarding stolen photos appearing in print but why chose not to persue at that time

Hi,.I would be keen to learn a wee bit more regarding the penalties for using another man's photographs,..the legalities, etc....

In which case, you can literally send them an invoice and go the small claims court route if they don't pay

Under the Berne Convention, copyright is automatically held at the time of creation of an original artwork

Be careful how much you bill someone for though, as you may have to prove how you value a picture so high.

A good place to start is whatever Getty Images charge for use of their protected artwork - if it's a hunting scene then you can always add a percentage because of the legal controversy and potential associated hardships you endured to get the picture or to have the picture in the public domain

If the publisher in question disputes the amount then you can point out that your permission wasn't granted before the picture was used

Depends on the type of usage but anywhere from £100 ish a picture upwards, from memory

Depends on the type of usage but anywhere from £100 ish a picture upwards, from memory

I've had a few instances of copyright theft with images , main ones being newspapers, I. Invoice at 250% of normal usage fee and all have paid up without quibble due to the fact they would get stung if pushed further .

• Like 1