Feeding Lamb

Right lads, what's you're opinions on feeding lamb?

I've always swayed away from it, as I don't want the dogs from making the connection between sheep =food!

I have lamb on tap though, & it seems a crying shame to keep throwing it in the hole! (If it has died)

My dogs are great with stock, but I also know a dogs sense of smell is 40,000 times greater than a humans, what are you're opinions on this subject guys?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way in the world would feeding a dog lamb make it suddenly want to kill sheep ..... if that was the case thousands of working dogs up and down the country would be attacking chickens ... sheep ...

I stopped feeding my dry food on the same theory because if it's quarry ran past a wheat field it would pull off and start attacking the wheat stems instead

I feed my dog burgers And was lamping behind mc Donald's a few months ago. I slipped him. He had a good course through the drive through dodging 2 cars and a transit van.stopped on a 5p turned and

No way in the world would feeding a dog lamb make it suddenly want to kill sheep ..... if that was the case thousands of working dogs up and down the country would be attacking chickens ... sheep ... cows and horses on a daily basis lol ......

• Like 7

Do what bird does when hes feeding bunnies cut the ears off so they dont know.

it must have worked as the dogs are soft mouth on rabbits, feet/skin.ears/ off , the rest all raw they eat :thumbs: , same with anything, sheep,venison , etc once it skinned, gutted, and cut up , what ever it is , it just meat to a dog :yes:

• Like 1

Can't stand the smell of their piss when fed lamb-if I'm stuck I feed it but prefere beef,chicken or venison. Atb dc

Do you find feeding a lot of venison can be abit rich for dogs ? Feed mine a lot but I try to feed it with something else.