Muzzles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact your asking this question swap the ferrets for budgies or pigeons

I will handle them every day I possibly can, they don't nip me! unless I have got a glove on that had rabbit blood all over it but they do want to nip my son and I think its scared him off, he loves

I'm no expert don't claim to be, just have no time for people that are not genuine.

Hi all do the muzzles work?

this time of year and to stop them eating the kits?

Do you rate them

or are they sh**e

If you know there is Kits to ground keep ya ferrets out that way ya won't need a muzzle, I am no expert on ferrets but why muzzle one? What if it comes across a dirty great rat underground how does it defend its self? Had ferrets years ago but never had the need to muzzle one unless I was missing something.

Buy hey if you don't ask you don't learn :thumbs: Keep asking sooner or later you will get some sound advice on here.

• Like 1

thank you, but i'm sure the insults are for different reasons

still learning and thought a forum was a place to ask question on things i don't know! maybe i should of googled it and asked if it would be a stupid question to ask in a ferreting section on a hunting forum..

Took time to insult him tho, an nobody called you an expert, you been in game 30 secs longer than this lad, dont forget the questions you once asked

thank you for you advice delswal if it was for the nature of the permission i wouldn't of evan considered it but if i don't get it done someone else will step in and get it done!!

i am shooting the permission at the moment but the number are vast and shooting isn't going to quite cut it!

Do you rate them

or are they sh**e

If you know there is Kits to ground keep ya ferrets out that way ya won't need a muzzle, I am no expert on ferrets but why muzzle one? What if it comes across a dirty great rat underground how does it defend its self? Had ferrets years ago but never had the need to muzzle one unless I was missing something.

Buy hey if you don't ask you don't learn :thumbs: Keep asking sooner or later you will get some sound advice on here.

Stick with it pal if you don't ask you learn, don't be put off by the bad comments it happens on here lol.

Nobody was born an expert, there is some good lads on here to get good advice off, stick with it.

On that note talking of advice.................DON'T JUMP WALLS.............. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ATB...........Del

• Like 1

i'm not frightens of getting bit i have got a 6 year old who wants to come with me and handle them but they nip him so was just a question

Atb

Hop

Buy some chain mail gloves if your frightened of getting bit. ;)

If you have your own ferrets handle them as often as you can.They will soon get used to it and should stop nipping and then your little one will be able to handle them without the fear of getting a nip.

still learning and thought a forum was a place to ask question on things i don't know! maybe i should of googled it and asked if it would be a stupid question to ask in a ferreting section on a hunting forum..

Took time to insult him tho, an nobody called you an expert, you been in game 30 secs longer than this lad, dont forget the questions you once asked

Don't let them grind you down, and just give as good as you get, and you'll be a donator in no time. :laugh:

• Like 1

Do you rate them

or are they sh**e

Leave them to get on, and they should be ok with their kits, more so during the early days of the kits being born. No need for ferret muzzles, they are museum peices.

• Like 1

i'm not frightens of getting bit i have got a 6 year old who wants to come with me and handle them but they nip him so was just a question

Atb

Hop

Buy some chain mail gloves if your frightened of getting bit. ;)

If you have your own ferrets handle them as often as you can.They will soon get used to it and should stop nipping and then your little one will be able to handle them without the fear of getting a nip.

Don't let them grind you down, and just give as good as you get, and you'll be a donator in no time. :laugh:

I will handle them every day I possibly can, they don't nip me! unless I have got a glove on that had rabbit blood all over it :boogy::icon_eek:

but they do want to nip my son and I think its scared him off, he loves shooting with me tho haha

tbh I don't mind the insults but everyone starts from nothing and its better to ask a question that I will get a answer to than try and fail hard

in the field!!

Atb

Hop

• Like 3

Hop

Nothing to do with ferritts , but let me say this I have asked some questions on hear that most lads wouldn't have dared

WHY because of embarsment , making your self look like a mug , might be the case , but it's far better to ask if you don't know than to go a head blindly , some will take the piss , as said the experts that have done it got the medal and tee shirt

And know it all , but there are lads just like me that do not now everything , and there for on a hunting fourm , you would think that even the drafted of questions would be answered with senctarty

Atb mate

• Like 1

Muzzlesshould be confined to the musuem along with coping and teeth snapping.a ferretwith muzzle on will still trap a rabbit underground and then try to kill it by scratching at it .3 times this season we have bolted massive rats what chance would the ferret have if muzzled . Get a decent book on ferretting such as ferrets and ferretting by val porter