Me -1...my Neighbour -0

Found out an interesting fact today lads, I have a neighbour who is basically an old shitehouse , we got a letter from the council about 6 weeks ago saying our dog was barking too much and that it was kept in a travel cage outside all day. To be fair to the council they did a bit of homework and in their letter they stated that the dog have ample room in its run and kennel and that it was safe , secure and a good environment for the dog in their opinion, they also noted in their letter that our dog was not the only dog near to this neighbour..she has another one in a run on the other side of her and the inspector said this dog did seem to bark a bit more than average ( whatever or however they work that out I don't know ) and that when one dog barks dogs nearby will also tend to bark, and that they would be taking no further action. So the neighbour starts going round other neighbours asking them to sign a letter about dogs barking which nobody agreed to do, we then got another letter , my wife phoned the council up and was told Don,t worry about it, not wanting anything to come back on us at a later date I was lucky enough to find out that someone I do a bit work for is a council anti social behaviour officer, I spoke to him today and he assured me that here in Edinburgh the council have a policy of not persuing the owners of dogs that supposedly bark too much, he said that the majority of these complaints in his opinion were personal grieviences ( spelling ) and that if she wanted to pursue it she would have to raise a civil action and seeing as that is not cheap he said he did not think she would go down that road.

So from thinking that we might have to get rid of the dog for no reason we now have peace of mind, hopefully this might put someone else in the same situation s mind at rest.

Cheers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a similar letter last week not for barking... if i find out who made the call they will have many sleepless nights

Rightly or wrongly I,ve already told her if I have to get rid of the dog I will get the loudest animal I can next. Incidentally does anyone have an idea which animal I would go for ?

Two cockerels lol

W, the sleeping area is 6x4 and outside run is 6x6 I don't mind telling you we were very concerned about having to get rid of him even though we KNOW he is,nt a mad barker, council guy actually said she had a nasty streak by describing his run as a travel cage.

Happens every spring folk start going out to use there gardens and notice a dogs barking , then get on to the council cnut next door to me gets one every spring and i know who complains but says sod all about my dogs

I had the same a few year ago they also said that my dogs were skinny and under fed witch is a load of bollocks more like fit and not over weight the council came round and inspected my dogs and runs and were more than happy with the condition of the dogs and pens I sent the woman round to inspect the neighbours dog that was very over weight and she told them they should take a leaf out of my book and look after there dog better lol funny enough they moved a few months later don't know why as I was alway in the pub or out for tea when they got a load of grief for being a grass lol

I've got the same sort of old lonely curtain twitching c**t living near me - she hates airguns and will cause as many problems as possible. Thankfully, local plod know that she's a prick and, now know that the set up that my daughter and me use at home is as safe as possible.

Some of those arseholes will use anything to cause trouble.

Good luck with it mate and, don't let it stop you doing what you enjoy :thumbs:

Hello mate.

I`m sitting here smoking a big cigar as we speak ! haha bring the mutt down here for a walk and we can shoot the shit about twat neighbours lol

Long time no speak bud hope all is well., About time we caught up proper.

Mark