End Of Season

Been out this morning not a lot of rabbits about only caught 4 and 4 rats which bolted out of a rabbit warren with a rabbit

These rats were huge and yet there is very little for them to feed on as they are a field away from the moors

The rats are big but soon bolt from the black jill and a strange thing also there were dead rabbits dotted around about 8 in total hope it isnt some disease wiping them out

As The One says sounds like RHD its very contagious so if you have other permissions you might want to disinfect your gear. I don't want to teach you how to suck eggs but you just may not have thought about it. It also lives a long time in the ground. The rats are probably feeding on dead rabbits under ground.

Hope its not RHD its cleared out some areas near me.

Cheers Arry

I was thinking you would be fine if your packing up for the season as its a hot virus and can live on your gear or in the soil for 8 months , but if as said theres rats eating the dead rabbits ? can it live in there feces as rats would eat mummified carcasses months after they where dead

Monitor it mate I had the same on one perm, there were loads of live rabbits running around but about ten dead ones here and there. I thought it might be some body shooting them with an air gun and just leaving them but no such luck they were gone a few weeks later. It's very contagious though I washed all the gear down wellies even the car tyres and I've not had it on any other perm's yet fingers crossed

Cheers Arry.

I may sound think here but what is RHD. I'm still learning my way in this fine sport and loving every minute of it

Lee RHD is Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease put it in to Google comes up with loads on it. There a few different ones VHD.RHD and RHD2 .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_haemorrhagic_disease

Cheers Arry

Thank you arry

• Like 1