My younger daughter who is 13 has got a right bee in her bonnet about showing dogs and I have to honest, I actively encourage her.

She is out every day working with my 2 GSPs, training, looking after them, feeding......she reads up about dogs all the time, all different breeds, she is watching handling and training videos all the time......she loves it.

She has a good understanding of a working dog should be fit for work first and foremost.

She has been watching Crufts and I personally am happy she is into it, could be a lot worse ;)

Bring her over next year, will sort you some tickets if you fancy it. Gundog day will be on the Sunday, sure my girls will act as a guide for her! Did she watch the terrier group?

Hey hey, long time no see !!.......how yous all doing ?

That's a lovely offer, so you know what, I may just take you up on that......let keep in touch.

If you find yourself in ireland you have to come and see us ;)

She will have the terriers recorded.......will I have a look? ;)

Good thanks, have a look, you can find it on youtube as well.

You should, I hate the bloody place but the girls love it and if your daughter would love it. If you are over any other time of the year then give us a shout the girls love talking/training/practising dogs. Agility/showing and the 8 yearold has nicked my best cocker, did 10 days beating with her this season.

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My younger daughter who is 13 has got a right bee in her bonnet about showing dogs and I have to honest, I actively encourage her. She is out every day working with my 2 GSPs, training, looking after

What some of you lads seem to be glossing over here is the basic cruelty thats involved in all this......so what if the working lines still exist....as people who consistently have the cruelty finger

It doesnt upset me it just pisses me off that the breeding of deformed unhealthy animals for the human ego is promoted by organisations that claim to care for animals.....thats bad enough in itself bu

Brilliant !! Haha......younstill at the same place you moved too after the last place I was sat in your kitchen drinking all your tea ! ?

I told that idiot of a brother to come over for a visit too.......he can come, tell everyone they are shit and go home again ! Haha.....unless married life has mellowed him ! Lol

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with crufts. If it really upsets you watching don't watch and then it won't annoy you.

It doesnt upset me it just pisses me off that the breeding of deformed unhealthy animals for the human ego is promoted by organisations that claim to care for animals.....thats bad enough in itself but putting it on the telly is taking the piss !

• Like 8

Nothing wrong with crufts. If it really upsets you watching don't watch and then it won't annoy you.

It doesnt upset me it just pisses me off that the breeding of deformed unhealthy animals for the human ego is promoted by organisations that claim to care for animals.....thats bad enough in itself but putting it on the telly is taking the piss !

Perfect... !!! ;)

Then please tell what is right about Crufts and the KC .It has done nothing but promote the ruin of most breeds.Insulting and betraying there working heritage. They won't even allow an outcross into totally fecked up bloodlines.Upset it don't saddens it does. Can't respect any stockman who claims there ain't nothing wrong with Crufts KC and there counterparts in other livestock organizations .

• Like 2

Perfect... !!! ;)

+2 that said it all gnash :thumbs::yes::yes:

The main thing wrong with Crufts is its endorsed by the kennel Club,a club that as systematically caused more canine suffering,neglect and deformity of once healthy mutts in the chase for ribbons and dollar.It annoys me because the likes of the RSPCA and such ilk spend tens of thousands on chasing folk that look after their mutts and hunt and about 2 shillings on bringing the KC and Crufts to task.

• Like 2

Now I have sat an shouted at the telly enough myself this week, the state of some of them dogs is terrible but let's have a bit of balance here.......the vast majority of working lurcher owners are hardly paragons of virtue when it come to keeping and breeding sub standard mutts !!

I will bet my bollocks to a barn dance that lads who really show their dogs some serious graft wouldn't give kennel space to 90% of what most people own.

You see pictures sometimes of some dog or the other that has supposedly killed a fox.....the f***ing fox looks like it has died of boredom!!

You see a proper dog round a fox, the fox looks like it has been run over with with combine harvester!!!

Folk talk about deers dogs, but they won't beleive that there are dogs out there that have had 5 or 6 hundred in its life.......they don't think such anaimals exist but they do and they are THE standard.

They get a bull cross......they have no idea where the bull came from, was it properly matched or what it was.......it just looks bully.......f**k me, I have done it myself and every time the dog gets found out at one thing or the other.

As I said before, they keep what they should cull and that's every bit as bad as pinching round a ring with some fat f***ing Lab ;)

• Like 7

Brilliant !! Haha......younstill at the same place you moved too after the last place I was sat in your kitchen drinking all your tea ! ?

I told that idiot of a brother to come over for a visit too.......he can come, tell everyone they are shit and go home again ! Haha.....unless married life has mellowed him ! Lol

Still there yeah, same shit different place!!

Might have to take you up on the offer. I doubt it, everything will still be shit!

Don't know how to do links, search this :Terrier Group Judging and Presentation | Crufts 2017 and go to 33 minutes in, see if you recognise anyone!

Edited by lilvixen
  • Like 1

Now I have sat an shouted at the telly enough myself this week, the state of some of them dogs is terrible but let's have a bit of balance here.......the vast majority of working lurcher owners are hardly paragons of virtue when it come to keeping and breeding sub standard mutts !!

I will bet my bollocks to a barn dance that lads who really show their dogs some serious graft wouldn't give kennel space to 90% of what most people own.

You see pictures sometimes of some dog or the other that has supposedly killed a fox.....the f***ing fox looks like it has died of boredom!!

You see a proper dog round a fox, the fox looks like it has been run over with with combine harvester!!!

Folk talk about deers dogs, but they won't beleive that there are dogs out there that have had 5 or 6 hundred in its life.......they don't think such anaimals exist but they do and they are THE standard.

They get a bull cross......they have no idea where the bull came from, was it properly matched or what it was.......it just looks bully.......f**k me, I have done it myself and every time the dog gets found out at one thing or the other.

As I said before, they keep what they should cull and that's every bit as bad as pinching round a ring with some fat f***ing Lab ;)

The majority of lurcher breeders can at best be called naive and breed from healthy stock,dross hunting stock,much of the time perchance.The KC are instrumental in the stewardship of poor breeding practice,piss poor ethics and even more piss poor leadership.They are responsible for much of the suffering that their breed standards encourage.I fail to see how piss poor lurcher breeding from healthy yet poor hunting stock can be seen to be comparable with the kennel Club and its major show.For me only healthy mutts should be bred from and one mans piss poor lurcher is anothers salvation.

• Like 2

But you have to remember, these people at crufts genuinely beleive they are doing right too!......one shit is not better than another kind of shit........its all just shit whatever way you stack it ;)

Then please tell what is right about Crufts and the KC .It has done nothing but promote the ruin of most breeds.Insulting and betraying there working heritage. They won't even allow an outcross into totally fecked up bloodlines.Upset it don't saddens it does. Can't respect any stockman who claims there ain't nothing wrong with Crufts KC and there counterparts in other livestock organizations .
Oh well! same old bullshit gets written on here every year about cruffs. I've never owned a kc dog and never wil, I've done my bit.
  • Like 1