My bitch has broke her toes, was just seeing if anyone could help me out a bit with what's the best thing to do to try and mend them the best I can, I know there not gonna be the same as what they where but nothing wrong with getting a bit more knowledge on what to do know and for in the future?

First of all mate I'm gutted for you as it's not a nice thing to happen to a running dog but more info would be needed like how many toes broke ? On which foot front or back and how many on the same foot a mate of mine had a dog injure its toe on the back foot and had it taken of it turned very wide on that side afterwards and ended its career I also had a dog cut its tendons on some broken glass years and years ago cost 600 pound to get its tendon sewn up 2 toes pulled back fine the other was flat after a while and stayed flat but could still run ok so didn't bother me

First of all mate I'm gutted for you as it's not a nice thing to happen to a running dog but more info would be needed like how many toes broke ? On which foot front or back and how many on the same foot a mate of mine had a dog injure its toe on the back foot and had it taken of it turned very wide on that side afterwards and ended its career I also had a dog cut its tendons on some broken glass years and years ago cost 600 pound to get its tendon sewn up 2 toes pulled back fine the other was flat after a while and stayed flat but could still run ok so didn't bother me

It's her front left and it looks like her 2 on the right of the paw look broke but her nail on the left of the paw is swollen and looks abit loose so took her to the vets today and he cant find any pain anywhere so doesn't know what it is so he's give me anti inflammatory so got to give that to her for a week then see how she is

What did he give you metacam if so that and a weeks rest and she should be putting a bit of weight back on it but I wouldn't let her run round for at least 6 weeks when it's the front it isn't so bad as that's the steering side of it if it was a rear they thrust from it and can in some cases end there carreers resting is the key if he can't find a break but hope it mends for you fella all the best max

6 weeks on the lead. My bitch broke her 2nd toe on right front paw in July chasing brown! My Mrs (who is a vet) told me that if I keep her on the lead for 6 weeks it will heal properly and I won't have any re occurring problems., I did what she said... she wasn't lying!

BBB

Give the dog a good rest, there's not much you can do for injured toes apart from pain killers and anti-inflammatories. Luckily we are at the end of the season now so you won't be missing any nights out etc with injury. Hopefully come next season she should have no problems although you may find that her injured toes remain a bit fatter than the others. So long as you keep her from running around too much in the next few weeks and allow the toes a chance to heal properly I can't see any reason why it should affect her in the future.

All The Best Vino.

My young bitch broke her inside toe on her front right foot, earlier in the season

5 weeks strapped and lead walks only, took strapping off and walked her off the lead for a couple of weeks...

Managed to get her running again in the last few weeks, but gutted she missed a big chunk of her first proper season...

Seems to be fine now so back to some basic training over the summer and fitting up for next season....

Give her loads of rest now mate as said, it's end of season now so you've got time on your side...

It's her front left and it looks like her 2 on the right of the paw look broke but her nail on the left of the paw is swollen and looks abit loose so took her to the vets today and he cant find any pain anywhere so doesn't know what it is so he's give me anti inflammatory so got to give that to her for a week then see how she is

If the bones aren't broken it sounds as though ligaments have been stretched or ruptured. IMO this is as bad, if not worse, than a fracture or break, as without ligaments in the right place the toe just flops about. Ligaments take months to heal as well. You are best off going to a good greyhound vet and getting their opinion as they see this sort of thing far more often than a general vet.