Started Shooting Again

Alright lads I have just pulled the Raider 10 shot back out from under the bed where it has been for over a year. I took it to 1 of my permissions to see how it was firing now theres a gun room in my village and the guy suggested using a tin of VMX Pell 14.66 grain so i paid my money and went on my way. Once I finally got set up and started letting a few go I soon realised the grouping was poor the first 10 through i thought it was mabey down to me but the next 2 sets of 10 were the same. The Grouping was slightly larger than a 2 pence piece at 30 yards and no wind at all. I know this is not down to the gun itself because i used a tin from a mate last year and could shoot pellet on pellet but i just cant remember the name of them. Does any of you lads shoot a Raider and if so what pellets do you find shoot best

Also I am looking at taking my shooting alot more serious this year and hope to carry on could you suggest a few mods i could have done to improve the rifle even though its decent as standard

Cheers Bryson

• Like 1

Thank you pal Ive done nothing as yet but will try giving it a pull through are the specific clean kits for Air rifles Just the breach is so small on this i would be worried i damage the inner barrel

Best ones to use are the napier bore snakes.

Slide them in from the muzzle and out at the top and pull a patch through with napier spray until it comes out clean.

Give it a dozen or so shots and she's bedded in again and your group will hopefully tighten up nicely.

• Like 1

Welcome back to the sport :thumbs:

If it's been unused for a while, it might be worth putting it over a chrono to make sure that it's still consistent.

But, I'd start with Matts suggestion first - the inside of the barrel may just be a shitty.

Failing that, pm me your address - I'll send you some different .22s to try.

Atb

• Like 3

Forget the fancy pellets. Start with something trusted which do well in "most" airguns.

Accupel domed or JSB's.

Once you get it playing ball with those then you can start experimenting with the stuff which is targeted to just take money out of your pocket.

i got given a tin of vmx pell in .177 off local shop to test and there sh!te,

tried in two airarms and a hw100 they wouldn't group at 20m.. all rifles more than capable of one hole groups!

you can shoot a couple of rollup filters dipped in oil through the barrel, then a couple of dry ones if you cant get your hands on a pull through kit!

atb si

• Like 1