While i love my Hw35 and would never part with it, the much shorter barrel has bugged me for a while.

I would prefer to have a silencer on it than the DIY muzzle weight but it suffers from severe barrel flip.

Maybe it is just an aesthetics issue as it is still my most successful soul taker.

Magpie%20Down%20001_zps8pktod3x.jpg

So, anyway. Yonks ago I got a New Old Stock full length .177 barrel and with Fatty's help, I fitted it the other night.

Hw35%20001_zpsqcgvrttf.jpg

Hw35%20014_zpsvmblvwdi.jpg

Hw35%20017_zpsw2lk61ii.jpg

Hw35%20024_zpskzjpxpuh.jpg

Hw35%20026_zpsom4dl1cu.jpg

Old barrel is a .22 and Smithies' Combro had it at 10 foot pounds.

The new .177 is, eek, 7.5.

I have ordered a TinBum Maxi Kit and will report back when it is here and fitted.

Pesky and Fatty

• Like 5

Same pellets? As for using the cat to do the work for you, RSPCA mate. Looking forward to your update.

All the best

A variety: Super Domes, Supre Filed, Bisley Mags, Super H Point, Webley Lazapel.

Only a few shots from each, so probably not warmed up enough. I was shooting from the room that is over next door's so I was a bit wary, it was way past midnight.

Apologies for the scrawl. These are before the barrel swap.

Hw35%20results%2022_zpspqweoeyw.jpg

• Like 2

Tamworth/Berkshire Cross. They are coming on Sunday. Not as prepared this year. Getting them earlier this year as weather was bad towards the end. They weren't happy, all that snow and frost. It hampered their earthworks and they like to dig.

Pigs are easier to keep than hens once you have the set up. No cleaning out needed.

Just don't eat the eggs....

While i love my Hw35 and would never part with it, the much shorter barrel has bugged me for a while.

I would prefer to have a silencer on it than the DIY muzzle weight but it suffers from severe barrel flip.

Maybe it is just an aesthetics issue as it is still my most successful soul taker.

Magpie%20Down%20001_zps8pktod3x.jpg

So, anyway. Yonks ago I got a New Old Stock full length .177 barrel and with Fatty's help, I fitted it the other night.

Hw35%20001_zpsqcgvrttf.jpg

Hw35%20014_zpsvmblvwdi.jpg

Hw35%20017_zpsw2lk61ii.jpg

Hw35%20024_zpskzjpxpuh.jpg

Hw35%20026_zpsom4dl1cu.jpg

Old barrel is a .22 and Smithies' Combro had it at 10 foot pounds.

The new .177 is, eek, 7.5.

I have ordered a TinBum Maxi Kit and will report back when it is here and fitted.

Pesky and Fatty

THEM TWO THIN WASHERS THAT FIT BETWEEN THE BARREL AND THE AIR CHAMBER ARE A PAIN TO GET BACK IN PLACE LOL

LOOKS GOOD MIND

ACE JOB PESKY

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

These people who start a thread then just vanish, i ask you...

I have injured my arm attempting to lift the pig hut, can't even lift a kettle of water, never mind cock an air rifle. So this project is on hold.

Jimmy, I had to have the barrel in the semi-cocked position to slip those washers in.

I will get back to this as soon as I can as I have enough half done projects around to shame me.

• Like 3