Mole Catching, With The Old Style, Full Barrel, Trap

Here's a few photos, of the 'wooden full barrel', trap, in action,...

Earth-thrower i dont know if its my eyes but in the pic showing the wooden barrel trap (last pic) what is the dohnut shaped object? Is it an improvised mumble pin of some-sort you've used?

Earth-thrower i dont know if its my eyes but in the pic showing the wooden barrel trap (last pic) what is the dohnut shaped object? Is it an improvised mumble pin of some-sort you've used?

Aye, its the 'trigger'. Ive heard it referred too, as a, "roundy peg" ?

Edited by earth-thrower

Ahh thats interesting mate,never heard of using a round peg i thought it was just a Y shaped peg you used.

Ive been after a homemade barrel trap/ gas pipe type for a while. ive tried to make them but failed.if anyone has any or knows someone who i could contact to buy some i'd be very grateful if they could drop me a pm.

Cheers

Mick.

Edited by MAG1980

Ahh thats interesting mate,never heard of using a round peg i thought it was just a Y shaped peg you used.

Ive been after a homemade barrel trap/ gas pipe type for a while. ive tried to make them but failed.if anyone has any or knows someone who i contact could contact to buy some i'd be very grateful if they could drop me a pm.

Cheers

Mick.

Me too , would love to try some proper ones not just my shed made ones ... :cray: .That work on an odd occasion.

Edited by Rowan

Ive been after a homemade barrel trap/ gas pipe type for a while. ive tried to make them but failed.if anyone has any or knows someone who i contact could contact to buy some i'd be very grateful if they could drop me a pm.

Cheers

Mick.

Me too , would love to try some proper ones not just my shed made ones ... :cray: .That work on an odd occasion.

I will contact you two, by PM, shortly,....see, if i can help ?,...(no promises though ;)) lol