Knife Sharpeners

Anybody got any suggestions of a good product that is not too expensive (<£15) and does the job??

this is a nice bit of kit have had it for a fair few years and it works really well, but best of all if you have one is a belt sander, I can sharpen my knives like razors on the old belt sander, just don't go in to hard because it can take a lot of metal off

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Greyman" data-cid="4416425" data-time="1488391300">Greyman, on 01 Mar 2017 - 6:01 PM, said:<p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Lamper121" data-cid="4415884" data-time="1488308002">Lamper121, on 28 Feb 2017 - 6:53 PM, said:<p>Anybody got any suggestions of a good product that is not too expensive ( probably best if I remembered the picture

post-102539-0-22946800-1488391531_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

poundland..packet of assorted utility stanley type blades..8 in a packet with snap off blades..£1 lasts a lot longer than any of the knifes I've paid good money for in the past.

The amount of opinels I've left/lost/misplaced over the years pisses me off...I never take a decent blade out out the house these days. . . you get attached and get to know each other and then you end up losing it whilst lamping or bury it on a warren ferreting etc etc.. Sod that.

poundland

Lamper121. If it's a help to you mate, I have a proper whetstone in the workshop which has been sharpening plane blades, chisels and goodness what else for quite some time. These are timeless and only need the knowhow to use them. For postage it's yours pal. Jok.

• Like 2