When Is Everybody Wrapping Up?

to be honest never really got going this season due to lack of rabbits in my area,saying that still had a few, starting to see afew young rabbits hopping about,going to leave them till september, and hope fully will start getting decent nights out again,strange how you can lamp places in the winter no rabbits due to vhd and mxy and then all of a sudden you start to see them making a come back,reckon this season must have been the worst on record for me, after 50yrs of lamping,ferreting and shooting,hope you all had a safe trouble free one,and enjoyed your sport,this is what its all about.atb.

• Like 2

Finished for the season now.One of my quietest seasons i can remember late start and early finish .it didnt get off the ground at all. Now two bitches in season and the quarry paired up all over the place, So not really sport for the big lad..Having said that seen plenty of half and three quater grown hares about all season . Hope its better next season Have a good Summer Boys ATB

Edited by desertbred

i have wrapped it up with my old dog. i am going to see this month out with my pup as hes just back from a 3 month lay off as he hurt his back leg in the garden so he missed alot of important out in the field time. some areas here have got half grown rabbits others i am catching does that havent had young yet or got any marbles in them. another spot ive stopped on as i caught a couple of milky does there.

Last night was my last it was not meant to be until I cleaned the catch out Rabbit had 6 young and the other thing had 2 young very close to being born. Im kind of glad its me done its the worst season i have had in a long time due to loosing the damm to my pup then 3 week later the sire I got from the mighty WHIN broke its leg bad and after 4 month of trying and close to 2 grand spent had to have him put down gutted

Anyway bring on the shows haha

Waterloo Cup wouldn't have even been run yet we're it still on the go,I said almost 40 years ago running hares in March was stupid as the does are full or already have leverets on the ground but hey ho it's banned now anyways lol..Saying that I suppose the greyhounds needed things tilted slightly in their favour lol..Anyhow I'm done this season,infact that's me done full stop,my journey has reached it's end,the thrill of the chase will be no more,I've enjoyed it in the main..Hope you all enjoy your time in the fields with your dogs,run em hard & run em often..Ciao peeps ✌

• Like 2