Punt Gunners.

Fella off here a few years ago was doing it, John was his name, bit of a character. I had a load of gill nets off him....

Ah I seem to remember him, did he come from the North West somewhere?

Didnt suffer fools

Yes, that's the one Harry....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone been to the frampton country show they have one on show every year they used to fire it on the lake don't know if they still do, but it's still there on show, shoots backwards at fair rate when fired and not very discreet if you were after a bit of clandestine duck hunting, think I,ll stick with my inflatable and catty,

Punt guns have been outlawed here along with market hunting for a long time. I heard of a diver finding a punt gun at the bottom of a lake once.

Bet the hunter was sorry to lose that. Most likely, his livelihood went over the side with it.

Anyone been to the frampton country show they have one on show every year they used to fire it on the lake don't know if they still do, but it's still there on show, shoots backwards at fair rate when fired and not very discreet if you were after a bit of clandestine duck hunting, think I,ll stick with my inflatable and catty,

Yes, they still fire it on the lake. I know the guy it belongs to. He's mad for his shooting, especially wildfowling, and still actively uses the puntgun.

Frampton show's always the second Sunday of September and is a good day out - http://framptoncountryfair.co.uk/. One tip if you do plan on going - get there early, by which I mean aim to be on site by 9am at the very latest. If you leave it much later than that you'll end up queuing for ages to get in.