Vegan Dogs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vegan dogs? Explains a few lurchers I've seen over da years

If dogs were meant to be herbivors instead of carnivors they would have completely different tooth configuration, their digesteve and metabolic systems would be totally different. Look at the prevalen

I feel sorry for the poor dogs fed on it as they got no say in the matter. Atb

Posted Images

Isn't owning a dog against what being a Vegan should mean as that is exploiting animals for human gain or are they cherry picking the bits they like and dislike of the cult ?

Perish the thought . Wonder if they use ihones and looked into the children working in sweatshops making them

Could be useful as an exclusion diet when looking to deal with an allergy, commonly caused by a meat protein. Can't see much use to it otherwise but each to their own. the dogs that eat it are likely pets that have less dependence on a higher essential amino acid diet than a working dog so would likely be fine on it.

As a member of a minority group, working dogs owner, I'm loath to knock others, each to their own.

Could be useful as an exclusion diet when looking to deal with an allergy, commonly caused by a meat protein. Can't see much use to it otherwise but each to their own. the dogs that eat it are likely pets that have less dependence on a higher essential amino acid diet than a working dog so would likely be fine on it.

As a member of a minority group, working dogs owner, I'm loath to knock others, each to their own.

I'll knock them for you sandy, all those vegan etc etc groups are all fukin BARMY. A bit strange again though, as you said, people using this site, as an example, in a minority group. But everyone I personally know on this site, and the thousands I haven't met, are feeding their dogs, workers or not, appropriate food, and in the main raw/barf.

Again, these vegan etc 'apostles' are all fukin barmy! :thumbs: .

I won't get started on religion lol :thumbs:............... or politics! lol :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

When you look at the ingredients, the primary sources of protein are maize and cereals. And neither of those have any really place in a dogs diet

Your clued up on nutrition etc trenchy do you not make yer own dog grub n if so what do you use, I use the millies a few times a week then homemade the other days but just chicken rice veg n yogurt to keep things simple i should try a few more different recipes really but a lot of people seem to go to far with it puttin in everythin but the kitchen sink plus take to much time..

Tru n l what next some freaks out there there really is as said they shouldn't be allowed a dog..

Edited by dodger

I'll knock them for you sandy, all those vegan etc etc groups are all fukin BARMY. A bit strange again though, as you said, people using this site, as an example, in a minority group. But everyone I personally know on this site, and the thousands I haven't met, are feeding their dogs, workers or not, appropriate food, and in the main raw/barf.

Again, these vegan etc 'apostles' are all fukin barmy! :thumbs: .

I won't get started on religion lol :thumbs:............... or politics! lol :thumbs:

I totally agree with Shaaark and sorry to sway a little from the original post but what gripes me is I have never "preached" to a vegetarian/vegan that they must/should eat meat and YET they TRY to push and preach their opionions/views on to me,i do eat vegetables to compliment the "meat" as well as drinking milk eating all different cheeses etc by eck.Just to add theres nothing better than the smell of fried bacon in the pan,the smell and taste of the Sunday roast,a mighty fine steak,and of course any wild edible game in a casserole,pie,terrine,pate,or barbacued

• Like 2

When you look at the ingredients, the primary sources of protein are maize and cereals. And neither of those have any really place in a dogs diet

Your clued up on nutrition etc trenchy do you not make yer own dog grub n if so what do you use, I use the millies a few times a week then homemade the other days but just chicken rice veg n yogurt to keep things simple i should try a few more different recipes really but a lot of people seem to go to far with it puttin in everythin but the kitchen sink plus take to much time..

Tru n l what next some freaks out there there really is as said they shouldn't be allowed a dog..

I cant be mithered to make up "balanced" feed myself. So feed 50% Millies, 50% minced game carcasses. We are fortunate to plenty of game of the shoot here, so with that and the dogs its enough to see me through till next season

• Like 1

Am sitting next to a Vegan now as I type.

Nice lad, clever and puts some effort into his food.

Just had a Vegan shortcake type thing with my cup of tea,, Was braw likes.

Not all are nutters. He actually admires people who take responsibility for there food and catch their own.

• Like 1