Brocock Compatto Or Hatsan Gladius?!

Hello all!

I'm looking to buy my first PCP air rifle and want to spend no more than £600. I have narrowed it down to either the brocock compatto or the Halsam gladius as they're both bullpups and good for hunting.

However, I want the rifle that is most accurate, which by looking at YouTube reviews and other reviews it seems that the brocock isextremely accurate. However, I can't seem to find much on the Hatsan.

The main reason I'm stuck is because I want the brocock because of the accuracy but I much prefer the looks of the hatsan gladius.

Anyone out there who has got experience with both who can help me out?

• Like 1

That amount of iron on your first PCP... I'd get an AA.

Don't be lured by the Y'channels mate. Get WHAT YOU WANT.

Follow the crowd and if it isnt like you imagined it's the worse feeling in the world. Trust me. The YT channels big up everything and everyone, but it's all a load of promo bollox. Just remember: They. Are. Paid... To rim brands and models. It sells rifles.

Go with your own head... and, most importantly, what fits you.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard matey.

Both Mac and Nitevis have suggested far better alternatives. The Brocock has had good and bad things said about them and a friend of mine had two, one good and one bad. Don't know anything about the Hatsan but can say for sure it will have no exchange value when you want to sell it.

If you are dead set on a bullpup, save up a bit more and buy an FX Wildcat in .177, lightweight, super accurate, cocking lever in the right place and over 200 shots per fill.

The BSA Ultra and the Weihrauch HW100 will leave both of those for dead and will ALWAYS sell second hand. Both are very very accurate.

Hope that helps

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard matey.

Both Mac and Nitevis have suggested far better alternatives. The Brocock has had good and bad things said about them and a friend of mine had two, one good and one bad. Don't know anything about the Hatsan but can say for sure it will have no exchange value when you want to sell it.

If you are dead set on a bullpup, save up a bit more and buy an FX Wildcat in .177, lightweight, super accurate, cocking lever in the right place and over 200 shots per fill.

The BSA Ultra and the Weihrauch HW100 will leave both of those for dead and will ALWAYS sell second hand. Both are very very accurate.

Hope that helps

Phil

Second what everyone has said, the BSA R10 is also very accurate and you can pick up new mk 2's for very reasonable money

What I would say and I think Jimmy & Sean will agree with me here, what ever you choose don't expect excellence straight out of the box. If you're lucky it might happen, if not don't get disheartened straight away. Persevere, try different pellet brands, clean the barrel and play around with scopes. I'm saying this from experience mate, if at first you don't succeed try, try try again and ask loads of questions on here, there's a wealth of knowledge and a brilliant set of lads