Top 3 Coursing Dogs Review...

If you have personally hunted with or watched the top 3 coursing dogs in the UK please post a review of all three like so:

Dog #1 (Name): Dog is great and has these exceptional qualities which is why it does so well and is better than most...

Dog #2 (Name): Same as above...

Dog #3 (Name): Same as above...

Also, will you include (if possible) which of the three dogs has more jumping power.

I'm going to pull some of that blood over to the US if possible. I'd like to stop wondering how it compares to the big country staghound blood here.

Please include or forward any contacts you would like to share for the individuals that own these dogs to:

Dan McDonough

jagdlep@yahoo.com

-or message me here at THL.

• Like 1

Think you'll be lucky with all that Dan.

Coursing dogs in this country are for Hares (which is now illegal). Is that the quarry that you are wanting to hunt?

Still lots of good coursing blood about, if that's what you're after.

Good luck with your search.

I'll put them on whatever they like and are the best at. Coyotes, fox, hare, etc... I'll raise them in the open, in the woods, in the swamp, around farm equipment, fences, ditches... I'll put them through the paces and see where they fit. I have a lot of friends that can help with that also. They'll get to run at waterfaowl in the fields, catch chipmunks and squirrels and feral cats and whatever. The dogs will tell you what they like best if you give them the chance. If it's not my game a young dog will be off to someone that wants that dog for what it's good at.

You can raise a litter for coursing hares and have a hundred pups but only some of them will be great at coursing hares and others will prefer something else. It's best to go with what they like...a lot less training time and a lot more effort from the dogs.

• Like 3

Sandymere, where in South America? Rural Argentina? I've traveled a fair bit down there in many countries and only saw show stock, ie Whippets and Borzoi in Brazil. I know of a greyhound guy too, but overall, don't see 'em. Be curious about the area you're talking about.