Bigger Dog Over Bitch

AW it only really becomes a problem if you use a dog with a much larger head which could cause the bitch to have difficulty passing any pups through her hips. Size of the dog itself i.e. Height in a similar running dog breed won't do any harm.

was thinking then, wonder what they use as the dam regards pit x grey, as the pups are going to have large heads. maybe pit bitch would pass them easier then a greyhound bitch, as the pit hips/pelvis going to wider than greyhound bitch. never bred lurchers me self, but bred few bull breeds, and bullmastiffs etc, had no probs with there pups, and some dog pups had good size heads on them .

shame that,,,funny how you ozys,,never really bothered with salukis,,,you would think the climate would be ideal for them...they sound like the ticket them from south oz,,i asume its a stag hound with a fiar lump of saluki bred in to them....

with a bit of luck,,the saluki you choose might have working family not to distant in the past....

tell you what i recon a few litters of english line bred coursing dogs would do well over there,,shame it costs so much to get dogs over there,,,,

shame that,,,funny how you ozys,,never really bothered with salukis,,,you would think the climate would be ideal for them...they sound like the ticket them from south oz,,i asume its a stag hound with a fiar lump of saluki bred in to them....

with a bit of luck,,the saluki you choose might have working family not to distant in the past....

tell you what i recon a few litters of english line bred coursing dogs would do well over there,,shame it costs so much to get dogs over there,,,,

whats the crack with bringing straws over,is that cheaper.

Most hunters here(in nsw anyway) are into pig hunting.With a lot of them more interested with the image ie want to be tough guys with pack of big hard mastiff,bull types hanging off their ute.Salukis wouldn't appeal to them.All good for me as get access to properties the get knocked back from.More into running dogs,terriers in Victoria, south ozz.The straw idea sounds good,like to put saluki blood in the older bitch,and working beddy into her full sister I bought from a later litter.Will have to look into this.

I've got a 3/4 whippet 1/4 stag bitch 4years,never had a litter.21tts and 13kg.I'm wanting to put a larger running dog over her,but don't want to risk complications at whelping.Does anyone know what's the largest size dog I could safely put over her as in height and weight.Thanks.

I had a 27" rough arsed brute of a lurcher line a 13" Beddy bitch,the pups develop to suit the bitch and not the dog,they grow into their true size after being born.

Was thinking of putting a saluki over her as have a fair number of hares in my area,sounds like might be an option,just don't want to lose the bitch as is a really good day time rabbit dog and much loved by me and the missus.

You won't lose your bitch she is 21" go ahead your bitch will be ok.