Hw99S Out The Box Vs Home Tune Review

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are a very nice stock for a 99 This is my SFS IMP

Hello all,   Today I picked up my weihrauch HW99s after waiting a week for it to be delivered, I chose the 0.177 caliber as all my other rifles are 0.177 and tbh I love that pellet choice. I have re

Dont be offering to go deep with him mate, he will be round in his leather mask.

Posted Images

Hope your can actually shoot a springer after all this... :)

Work in progress mate, but I'm slowly learning the art, here are two different 5 shot groups I did at the weekend with my HW77K...rested I might add though.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yeah. Your getting there...... :D

x

• Like 2

Going well Richard, power should creep up a little as it beds in, a new seal should see it rise a bit more, just a thought, you can I am pretty sure get a screwcut barrel from Sportwaffen Sneider in Germany for not a lot of money, think they only do em in .22 though, would save you quite a bit I think, and push the power close to the limit, which in .22 a 99 shoots very nicely at, when tuned.

It all looks really nice to me mate your fps spread speaks for its self.

I fitted a silencer adapter over my barrel then a silencer been doing this since I tuned it.

Not sure how easy it would be to get the adaptor off again had to tap it on past the front v sight cut outs but the extra weight at the end of the barrel makes a difference to accuracy and sound.

The adaptor was not expensive on ebay and the silencer was about £15 from a bloke that made them my advice fit a big O ring on the adaptor to stop it getting loose.

I still have a small buffalo river gun bag for my 99 and just screw the silencer on each tine it comes out the way bag.

• 1 month later...

there is only one gain to fitting a silencer you will have a larger diameter to grip when cocking the rifle and it will spread the load in your hand and

make it feel like it has less cocking effort i do not like cocking a rifle by holding the silencer as they are not made as a cocking aid some are up to it

some are not the slip on ones mentioned from aboard are strong enough i used a sak on a screw cut barrel and half held it and the barrel

if you add a sound moderator to a full length barrel it will be a bit long up to you if it suet you or not in 22 if you cut your barrel down to 10.5"

it will be loud and harder to cock with less power , add a silencer it will be the same length you started with and less power but look better if its

how you like them to look .

you can get the power back up, harsher shot cycle and more cocking effort . i love the look of the early lightnings a the fenmans but it comes at

a cost of power and shot cycle

i believe the tp and volume in the cylinder piston weight ect. are optimum efficiency in 22 for our laws /restriction

some times people get close with 177 but never 177 with a short barrel i think you would be having a right head ache and massive cocking effort and struggle to get 8 ftlbs

If you chop a 99 barrel down to 10.5 fit a wonky donky .177 drop in kit. Shoots close to the limit and a very nice quick firing cycle. Thd hw mod makes it a lot quieter too and the combination of the drop in kit and mod makes a very nice gun!

Mark williams knows of some interesting looking stuff from vorteck to bring the power up in .177. Great little guns theese hw99,s!

If you chop a 99 barrel down to 10.5 fit a wonky donky .177 drop in kit. Shoots close to the limit and a very nice quick firing cycle. Thd hw mod makes it a lot quieter too and the combination of the drop in kit and mod makes a very nice gun!

Mark williams knows of some interesting looking stuff from vorteck to bring the power up in .177. Great little guns theese hw99,s!

so are vortek doing some thing that would get a short barreled 177 up near 12

and what your saying about wonky donky 177 kit and a 10.5" barrel is that 22

is mark williams AGR tunning

Fitting a properly sized Vortek piston seal, took the last .22 99s I tuned over the limit, so had to take a coil off the spring, which did the trick, it sat at a very consistent 11.6 ftlbs just right, I have never used a full Vortek kit, but I would imagine they are very good.

• Like 1

so are vortek doing some thing that would get a short barreled 177 up near 12

and what your saying about wonky donky 177 kit and a 10.5" barrel is that 22

is mark williams AGR tunning

Yep a .177 wd kit in a hw99 .22 screw cut to 10.5 inch works perfect. Ring vorteck for more info on their kits he is a top helpful guy!

• Like 1